Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use cauliflower leaves as greens ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use cauliflower leaves as greens ?

Hi everybod, as you can probably tell i am aching in my impatience to devour something from the new plot. My caulis are a mass of leaves at the moment and i am sure in time theese leaves will die away and be replaced by more..... SOOOOOO CAN I EAT EM ???????, Thanks Minty
    " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Minty View Post
    Hi everybod, as you can probably tell i am aching in my impatience to devour something from the new plot. My caulis are a mass of leaves at the moment and i am sure in time theese leaves will die away and be replaced by more..... SOOOOOO CAN I EAT EM ???????, Thanks Minty
    Take some of the outside leaves of you should not damage the plant that way they taste nice my OH is under instructions cook the leaves as welljacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

the stem bit is a bit tough, but the young leaves are great, try cutting streaky bacon into thin strips and slowly heating with a tiny nob of butter and a splash of water in a sauce pan, add leaves and cover, stirring occationaly for 6-10 mins. mmm.
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I don't really like them myself Minty, but my father in law always ate them.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

A leaf cut into some really nice neat little slices (avoid the stalk) always works well in a stir fry. Give it a go Minty!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Thanks. not tried them yet but will and will let you know the results. Thank you all Minty
            " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X