Cauliflowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauliflowers

Crop looked good a couple of weeks ago, small but tight firm heads about size of a tennis ball, but over the past two weeks heads ( approx size of a saucer) have lost their 'tightness' and opened up with the florets in the same head of differening lengths. Not sure why but I wondered if all this excess rain might have something to do with it?

Have some nice looking cabbages but they don't seem to be forming tight heads, their leaves are open, which is not what the picture on the packet shows.

As I'm new to all this any advice would be welcomed.

Have some good salad crops and broccoli, its amazing how different home grown veg tastes! had to re-educate my grandchildrens taste buds to accept food that has the real flavours that I remembered from my childhood, amazing to realise that I had forgotton how fresh veg should taste!

MICK
    They have blown, once the flower has appeared that looks like a cauli they aint going to get any bigger, they can be fickle little beasts and the summer caulis have more to go wrong ie to dry, to hot, not hot enough, to wet, slugs and snails but dont get downhearted MAYBE NEXT YEAR EH!.

Comment

Thanks, will have another go next year.

Comment

If the cabbages are a winter variety they won't have hearted up yet. You could still get good heads on them.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X