Courgette Disaster...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette Disaster...

My courgette stem has snapped in the blimmin ever present wind on the South coast!! We have had about 3 weeks of constant rain and at least a force 6+ wind every day!

I have out the damaged plant into a pot in the shed and I hoping that a new root will form...

Am I wasting my time?

I don't know if it will re-root from a snapped stem - this is research isn't it - you might get a Lottery Grant! However, I do know that many things will heal themselves up if you splint them in time, but usually there's still a bit attached. A clean break is different. It may just be a sad demise.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi,

Has it completley snaped off? If so I am not sure if it will re root.

I have two plants which were damaged a few weeks back and both had split stems. Left them to it and I am now eating lovely courgettes.

Let us know how you get on, Mandy

Comment

yes completely snapped...

Bl**dy wind!!! Where is summer!!!

Wil let you know what happens....

Comment

Is it the only courgette plant you had? It might put out a new shoot, but might be worth a look round the garden centre/B&Q to see if you can pick up a replacement?
          I wonder if it's too late to sow a new one...? They do grow pretty quick, and we might get an Indian summer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            They do grow pretty quick, and we might get an Indian summer!!!
            Indian summer -- is that monsoon season

Derek
            http://madallotment.blogspot.com/ - updated 19/08/2007

Comment

Sow some new ones. I sow replacements towards the end of July and use them to bring in fresh vigour when the original ones start to flag at the end of August.

Comment

Cheers I will gove it a go....sow direct to outside I presume?

Comment

You can sow directly outside but I still find it easier to get the seeds to germinate in pots and have grown on a little bit before I plant them out so as to avoid the risk of slug damage as the shoots first come through.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X