Chilli question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli question

I have numerous plants andflowering like made, with many fruits coming off. I have a cheyenne which has produced some big peppers, Im wanting them to turn red before I pick them, now am I being impatient as they are just green.
    Is it the weather that has stopped them from ripening into red?
    Is it worth picking the biggest off to help all the others grow?

Mike
    Freelance Photographer

You can use them green or red. If you want to pick some off, go ahead. Cayenne are pretty hot even while green so be warned! They turn red fairly quickly but the sun does seem to help them along.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

try banana skins, theres a chemical released in the rotting process that aids ripening.
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by devon-surfer View Post
        Is it worth picking the biggest off to help all the others grow?

I would definately pick one or two of the biggest, this helps the plant produce more flowers/fruits. works for me
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

what's a chilli pepper? All of ours are weedy little plants, half-drowned miserable looking things. No signs of any fruit yet (the ones in the greenhouse aren't much better)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Strangley enough ours are growing and fruiting like no ones business!! They are located in a cheap plastic greenhouse. Grew from seed in a heated propagator and put out in April, maybe the good weather then helped, they also drink quicker than I do in the pub lol
            Freelance Photographer

Comment

Mine are just starting to produce fruit now. Biggest disappointment are the Bhut Jolokia which are still only 3" high and doing very little
              http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X