No announcement yet.

Potatoes in bags or Potatoes in big pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used cheapo potato bags from £ shop and Wilkinsons, and they were fine, used them for Charlottes, in multipurpose compost, bags were placed on paths on part of allotment that can't be used fir anything else it's so poor, so good way of utilising space. Was very happy with results
    DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post

How about trugs? Something like these although I have seen the extra large ones cheaper at Home Savers

Plastic Flexi Trugs from Plastic Box Shop
      They're known as flexi tubs here and I use 42 litre ones for things like cucumbers and zucchini.

Downside is that they aren't especially cheap, although they're much cheaper than actual pots of a similar size. They're also often in totally different sections. The big ones are often in the laundry section, the smaller ones are often in the kids section, and some sizes are in the storage section.

I love them because they're available in a wide range of shapes, sizes and colours but they're definitely more of an investment than plastic buckets.
      Last edited by lolie; 12-03-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I just buy builders buckets from DIY stores, about £1 a time, with a strong handle to move them about..

Comment

I too used Wilko potato grow bags. Thought they worked quite well. Also used one to start a rhubarb crown before I could sort out a permanent place on the plot for it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X