No announcement yet.

Win the war with slugs and snails.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yuk 1bee. Ours are similar but green yellow. I dont kill them , they don't eat anything I'm bothered about. Always in log store. Must like wood
    Northern England.

Comment

Since my veg garden is close to the house I use a small shop vac suck up snails and slugs.

Comment

Balders et al re the slug traps see my video
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

For some reason I can't edit the post above, but the traps are shown and discussed at around 2:05 in and right at the end of the video you will see them insitu with a sluggy going for a munch at the end of the video
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by hamamelis View Post
            After trying 'em last year, I'm a nematode convert. Why do the hard work myself when I can get an army of millions to do it for me?
            You can make your own, put some green material on the bottom of a tub(with a lid) to form an island that slugs can feed on put some water into the tub, then collect slugs and put them in the tub, once you have collected about two doz. shut the lid and leave them for about two weeks, out of all the slugs that you have collected some of them will have nematodes which will spread through the water killing them off, decant the liguid into a watering can top up the watering can with water and use this water over your garden, the residue in the tub can be used to seed your next batch, and start again.
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Cadalot, thanks my good man. All questions answered. Now off to fill the fridge with cheap coke. Muuuaahhhaaahhaa!
              The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Comment

Originally posted by Python15 View Post
                Cadalot, thanks my good man. All questions answered. Now off to fill the fridge with cheap coke. Muuuaahhhaaahhaa!
                And you will soon have something that looks like below after a week on the bed
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

"threatening to destroy Britain's native slugs"
                  They were first found in 2012 walking distance from here, so if that were the case surely I'd know by now. This is a typical blown up media statement. Oh, I see, it's the Mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
                    "threatening to destroy Britain's native slugs"
                    They were first found in 2012 walking distance from here, so if that were the case surely I'd know by now. This is a typical blown up media statement. Oh, I see, it's the Mirror.
                    Are you sure? have you checked your shed? those illegals could be hiding in your shed and going out to do cash-in-hand work and coming back at night to sleep. Look for a rolled up sleeping bag ...... errr are you still talking about slugs or about people?
                    The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                      You can staple them together but I use a soldering iron to weld the two bits of plastic together...
                      It was only when you said the word plastic that I realised you weren't talking about slugs anymore..

...today has been a long day
                      Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

I read somewhere recently that growing onions would keep them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucretia View Post
                          I read somewhere recently that growing onions would keep them away.
                          They liked my Over Wintered Japanese onions, I had six slug traps in there and the blighters still munched about 10 away.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Thanks for these traps Cadalot. A really great idea. I use the so called pet safe ones when I do but I'm always worried when I see them disappearing that something is eating them which would be better off eating something else. Do you find they work well with beer, just wondering as you had gone for pellets in the video.
                            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X