Slugs & Snails

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Cadalot. Do they work on snails?

Last year, I removed bucketloads of snails and gave them to everyone who might eat them. We have loads of toads too, but it seems like they can't keep the snail population down either.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Thanks Cadalot. Do they work on snails?
      Yes if they are small enough to get into the Pop Bottle and those little hungry ones cause loads of damage.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Brilliant. Lots of ours are giants, so I might see if I can work something out for them.

Comment

Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing. A similar thing (but stood upwards) and filled with sugar, water and vinegar works well as a wasp trap.

Comment

Its an old thread but didnt open another one.
            My plot seems to be infested with slugs and snails.Im trying to collect them (bleeh) if I see.Would that help to start setting a traps from now?

Comment

Originally posted by Atta View Post
              Its an old thread but didnt open another one.
              My plot seems to be infested with slugs and snails.Im trying to collect them (bleeh) if I see.Would that help to start setting a traps from now?
              To my mind the general answer is No.

Coping with slugs and snails for me is in the context of protecting plants at some stage in their lives - so for example if I want to grow peas, I first start them growing in containers until they are a few inches high, then if I am planting them out in the garden and the weather is wet I would put up some cover to dry the surface a bit, then after I'd planted them I'd scatter some wood ashes from my stove around them as a protection

So my answer is what action you take about slugs and snails depends on what plants you want to grow and under what conditions. But trying to cut down the number generally in your garden by trapping is a waste of time, the most you could do would be very local and temporary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X