Me neither, I'm now off for a g00gle!

Comment

Originally posted by SaraJH View Post
      Me neither, I'm now off for a g00gle!
      Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
      Ive never heard of welsh onions
      They come from Siberia

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Seeds here https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/...n_Everlasting/ Alium Fistulosum. This link says they come from Siberia but they are also know as Welsh onions.
        I grew mine from seed. They come back every year.
        Last edited by Scarlet; 26-05-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for their tips and information. I have decided to take the plunge and buy some everlasting onions. I found some for sale here ...

5 EVERLASTING/ PERPETUAL SPRING ONIONS - Allium cepa 'Perutile'- | eBay

I am also going to give the 'water treatment' a go and have sourced some garlic granules. A bit of research turned up a vet selling a 3kg tub as a treatment for horses for around a tenner. Most places I looked wnated 10-12 quid for a kilo of powder!!!

Everything awaits delivery now. With the stink of garlic I'm expecting to have the least popular plot in the allotments!!

Comment

I did mine in "the winter" so they didn't have any host when they came out.
            I don't mind not growing onions so much but I really miss garlic and giant garlic. (lost everything last year ) I made a totally new bed for growing them this year, so far so good., ground that my chickens have been on. Just crossing everything

Comment

Originally posted by gkmagog View Post
              Many thanks to everyone for their tips and information. I have decided to take the plunge and buy some everlasting onions. I found some for sale here ...

5 EVERLASTING/ PERPETUAL SPRING ONIONS - Allium cepa 'Perutile'- | eBay
              Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Have you bought them. If not pm me your address. Sorry I do begrudge some of these prices for 'unusual' veg.

Comment

Scarlet - I haven't been able to gorw onions or garlic since I took over the plot. I have divided my plot into 9 beds and each one has the dreaded rot.

I intend to start 'treating' all of my beds this year by adding the garlic granues into my usual watering routine. As far as I am aware the garlic water won't have an adverse effect on anything else thats growing.

NorfolkGrey - pm sent

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X