No announcement yet.

How's your garlic doing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poor rusty garlic is now squashed rusty garlic. I suspect the cat has found it to be an incredibly comfy bed for the day

They've been battered this year so far - I'm too scared to see whats going on underground!!

Comment

You could be suprised Vix!

Don't suppose anyone knows when I should harvest the elephant garlic... I've had one up but the rest are still in the ground and are only slightly yellow! ?
      <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Going to harvest garlic sometime this week - looks ready for it now. Might leave the elephant garlic a bit longer as still looking quite fresh above ground
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Lifted my Autumn sown Provence Wight on Saturday, fairly pleased with them, as they're the first usable bulbs Ive ever grown.

Attached Files
          He-Pep!

Comment

Lifted half a dozen today. Perhaps not quite ready and the ground is a little wet. But to my surprise, they're actually a decent size and look quite healthy. Will leave the ground to dry out a bit before picking the rest.

Am dead chuffed. Not much else is doing well this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
              Lifted my Autumn sown Provence Wight on Saturday, fairly pleased with them, as they're the first usable bulbs Ive ever grown.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66597[/ATTACH]
              Bario - that looks like a very decent haul to me....!!
              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Well, I've made the nail-biting decision to leave mine where they are (next to the onions) until after I come back from hols.
                That means the earliest mine are going to be lifted will be the first week of August ..............
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Most of mine lifted at this stage apart from a few in tubs and all pretty good with the Messidrome and self-saved bulbils the largest...
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

Trip - when did you plant yours.....?

Mine didn't go in the ground til April (so they're probably not going to have formed proper cloves...).....
                    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Harvested all the soft neck and pretty pleased with it. Hard neck is not quite ready to pull and the Elephant garlic is still a lush green, so leaving that a while longer
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post

Mine didn't go in the ground til April (so they're probably not going to have formed proper cloves...).....
                        Here they reckon you can plant as late as 27 March and still get a decent crop. Mine went in in mid-March as a totally speculative thing: late and very poor bed. The first ones I've picked are a decent size and have divided into cloves. If it was cold after you planted them out, you could be in luck.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-07-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Here they reckon you can plant as late as 27 March and still get a decent crop. Mine went in in mid-March as a totally speculative thing: late and very poor bed. The first ones I've picked are a decent size and have divided into cloves. If it was cold after you planted them out, you could be in luck.
                          Oh, excellent! That'll be interesting to see if my lot have divided into cloves!!
                          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I bought some of that cheap tesco garlic, 30p i think and hoyed it in a pot in October. They all came on fine. Not massive but more than edible.

Just had some with my dinner, think i may have added a little too much as it's all i can smell now. Stay away from me today lol!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post

Last October Susie, so you shoudl probably wait a while yet alright!
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, Trip, I'm waiting till after my hols - so earliest will be first week August ...
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X