How many people do you grow for?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
    Then any spare is given away to anyone who passes.
    You're not throwing courgettes at random strangers are you?

I grow for me and my mother with stuff going to my sisters family as well.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Me and't Landlady.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Me and't Landlady.
        Only her and on one else in the pub?
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

It is primarily for the two of us, but youngest son is a trainee chef and he takes some surplus to his work. We have a canteen at work and the swedish blonde cook (even older than me btw) likes to make 'interesting' recipies so I give her some surplus stuff. Our neighbour helps out with holiday watering and enjoys the peace of the plot so she gets some too but her family don't do vegitables!
          We don't generate enough to live off, but it certainly helps the food bill and it's organic goodness that is so fresh that we love it. I like to give a small vegetable pack to the old lady on the end of the row when I have enough, she really appreciates it.
          Surplus this year has been mainly rhubarb, runner beans, french beans, courgette and marrow.

Comment

Just myself and hubby Neil. Last year I did better with a few veggies so gave a few cucumbers and cabbage to workmates Oh, and my allotment neighbour Tony got some tomatoes as I had a bit of a glut and he hadn't grown any as he was abroad for a lot of the summer

Neil can be a bit picky with eating veg but I've told him he'll have to just start being more adventurous and trying stuff I'll get him to eat broccoli if it kills me!!!!
            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Family of 5 and the neighbours and some family members...
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

Just me really. I take a bagful of what ever is in season (yesterday it was runner beans, a cucumber and tomatoes) to my Mum once a week, and some of the things I grow in my friend's garden are for her and her hubby. I give away things like courgettes, beans and psb to friends when I have gluts. Many things in my garden (eg cabbages) are grown at close spacings because I don't want or need large vegetables.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Mainly for me and the other half but the kids and their kids too.

I grow far too much and deliver a box of veg whenever possible to the local assisted housing scheme. I get just as much pleasure giving it to someone in need as I do eating it

Comment

Me, him plus the Grandkids who insist on pulling up everything they can get their little mits on. Plus, 3-4 neighbours when bits and bobs are ready and we don't need them.

Bags and bags of toms in the freezer as no one else wants them - the sister and brother in law are coming tomorrow - little do they suspect that they WILL be going home with a huge bag of toms. Ha Ha

Nice thread Sal!
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Who ever wants some free fresh veg tbh. The wife isn't much of a plant eater and the kids can be fussy. The g/pigs enjoy the veg though and other family members and friends have had crates of runners left on their doorsteps
                      I'm only using a quarter of the plot so far so hopefully will have an abundance of crops to share around in the coming years.
                      Plus im vegan so I eat loads of it
                      Last edited by Nafets; 16-09-2016, 03:01 PM.
                      Be Vegan

Comment

I grow in the garden, mainly OH & I. Children are eating more different things as the get bigger. (We havnt had a look in on the rasps this year & purple carrots have been added to the "can I help myself" list)

Gluts tend to get cooked & frozen, but excess does go to neighbours & friends, we swap plants & veg with one of OH work colleagues.
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Myself and the good lady wife, 2 sceptical teenagers, plus the rabbits, the new blue chooks are very way of anything new in their run so less so...

Plus the badgers take their share of the roots, the occasional squirrel with an apple in it's mouth, some blackbirds and a throng, even a pestilence, of slugs............

Comment

2 here, plus a bit for bartering for stuff we need and haven't got, plus kids and grandkids if they visit and fancy anything. Thinking of doing some preserving of some stuff, so this may change next year.

Comment

Just me, the wife lives on Crumpets.
                              Anything I grow she thinks is yukky.
                              She did like a yellow courgette off the BBQ once.
                              Jimmy
                              Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X