X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the little that fell earlier has already dried.... *eyeroll*

Comment

• Rain!!!

Suddenly the forecast is looking rather wet. The models seem to have done quite a U turn here, with substantial rain forecast for most of the next 10 days at least. It can all change again, of course, but at last everything is getting a drink. Everywhere should get some, although the south east may have to wait another day or 2 for anything meaningful.

The models have also backed off the cold a bit (possibly due to increased cloud forecast) with most places south of a line between Blackpool and Scarborough (roughly) forecast to stay above 3. Remember that forecasts can be inaccurate though!

It is also likely to be windy for a while on Saturday so it will feel very cold indeed after what we have been used to!
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• hooray! (finally managed to get on the site...)

and hooray #2 for rain. The dribble we had yesterday didn't do much, so more would be great....

Mike

Comment

• Ye , we've had a good soaking now. I'm off onion watering duty, hooray! It certainly feels milder than I was expecting, and I'm enjoying a good , solid pottering day, dodging small showers.

Comment

• Still had no rain here
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• No rain here either,as soon as it comes all the slugs are going to come out,there was none when I went out the other night.

Comment

• Rain is coming, it may take another day or 2 to reach parts of the south east. Nights may be cold from tonight through to the middle of next week - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights now look the coldest here, but things can change.

Very windy with gales in places over the weekend - make sure any garden furniture is secure.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Reminder that as the winds drop and skies clear the next couple of nights, particularly tomorrow night could be cold enough for ground frost in places. 1C is forecast here for tomorrow night.

Comment

• Some very heavy and thundery rain around over the next few days with a couple of warnings for rain already released. Keep an eye on the met office warnings as this is a changing situation due to uncertainties about exactly where the low pressure bringing the rain is going.

Comment

• Thanks Pen...I think I'll put up some stronger supports for my broad beans
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Crazy weather at the moment, very blustery and wet. The weeds and lettuces have reacted as expected from the warmth and then the sudden soaking. We will not be short of either lettuce or chickweed for a while.... :-D

Comment

• Blustery again today too bee . I've just checked the forecast and its showing a warm weekend for us
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                            Blustery again today too bee . I've just checked the forecast and its showing a warm weekend for us
                            Yes, becoming warm and humid with the possibility of thundery showers in places. The unsettled weather looks likely to continue for the "foreseeable" which could be anything from the next few days to the rest of the month - there is no sign of a change at the moment. However with the current unreliability (high pressure was forecast for this weekend until recently) just about anything could happen!

Comment

• My friend , who lives near the Arctic Circle in Sweden has just sent me a photo of her outdoor thermometer sensor reading this lunchtime....it's placed on the north side of her house....

30.4 C

bonkers-utter bonkers- they had snow on the ground 3 weeks ago.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yes the high pressure and warmth is currently over Scandinavia. It looks like staying put for a while, meaning that to the west of it we get the warm, humid southerly or south easterly winds with associated showers and thunderstorms.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X