Courgette Troubles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette Troubles

Last year I had them piled up so high I didnt know what to do with them!!!

This year I havent managed to get to eat one yet!

They just keep getting to about 4 inches and rotting inside at the tip...

Any ideas???

Courgette trouble

Hi

Cut them off and use what you can. I've done this on several occasions and I think they've now got the message and are growing properly - but still not as fast as last year.

Comment

It's worth cutting off any that start to rot - they aren't going to heal up! Once you've removed any duffers the plant will continue to flower and you're in with a shout.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Some say remove the withered flowers.....I have found this to make no difference at all!
        Wish I knew why they started to rot in the first place.

Comment

I started the season with 5 plants (only 1 last year), all have been eaten by slugs/snails.

I bought 2 plants off ebay which were really healthy. they started to do OK the the slugs/snails got them.

All 7 plants were producing male flowers but no fruit at all before they were munched by the enemy.

I built a raised bed fortress surrounded by copper tape (yes this has become personal) and transplanted the 2 new plants that were nearly munched to death and they're doing good now, not a single snail/slug has managed to get in there to date but still no fruit but they're not healthy plants anymore.

2 weeks ago I said to hell with it I'm not giving up, so I found a load of half price use this year organic seeds at my local organic market stall and rapidly planted them in pots on m south facing windowsill. They germinated in 3 days and I'll take a piture tomorrow for you, 10 days since I planted them I kid you not, going out in another fortress in a few days (I'll also post pictures of what I call the fortress for you tomorrow). so I don't think it's too late to start another batch, August looks like it may be shaping up well weather wise as this awful Atlantic front is finally becoming disorganised (the thing that brings in the wet weather in the winter and should have gone a long time ago) so here's hoping for a late summer, I think it may happen.

May the courgettes come.
          Newbie gardener in Cumbria.
          Just started my own website on gardening:

http://angie.weblobe.net/Gardening/

Comment

They normally rot from the blossom when it is too wet. Cut em off- They should start producing good fruits now.

Comment

Cheers guys - will try removing blosson.....fingers crossed!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X