Change from the norm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I also grew fuchsia berries which had very pretty flowers, but although the fruits tasted pleasant enough (billed as like a cross between a kiwi fruit and a fig) I found them unpleasantly gritty and a large number fell off before they were ripe. As the plants are quite big I won't be growing them again as I can't justify the space.
    Penellype, I don't suppose you could be persuaded to turn your plant into cuttings and participate in the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_88728.html

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
      Penellype, I don't suppose you could be persuaded to turn your plant into cuttings and participate in the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_88728.html
      Unfortunately they are not hardy, so the plants were killed by the frosts. Sorry.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I'm going the other way this year, concentrating on getting a crop of peas, some decent brussels and potatos that the slugs don't beat me to. The stuff I can grow I know and manage easily, the difficult things are what others seem to find easy. I'm going for cauliflower again too, wish me luck and a fair wind.

Comment

Black radish didn't go down too well in our household, either. One thing that has is Spanish black carrots. They're not really black, and you will find the odd one that stays white and goes woody (not an F1). But most of them will grow well and will be delicious. Very mild and sweet and almost coconutty. In case the idea of the colour puts you off, they're not a true black. I know Thomas Etty sells the seeds, but if you order from them, do it well before you want to sow any seeds. They have a lovely collection if you're looking for heirloom curiosities, but they are quite slow at sending seeds out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X