No announcement yet.

Greenleaves, challenge finally completed & now a new one

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting there GL but will be tight to get it finished in 6 months.............
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Another bed finished. The new plot is playing second fiddle at the moment whilst I ensure the other is ready for the main event. As BM suggests I need to get a wriggle on if its going to be finished by the end of June.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170319_171628_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2371596

Comment

Excellent work young man.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Looking really good GL
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Excellent work young man.
            More of the young BM please

Comment

Well I failed.....big time

I under estimated how much weed and associated root would be present, not to mention the amount of detritus I found...mainly burried underlay and glass.

So watch this space for an update soon

Comment

Been planning tonight and think I have decided on plan z! I have reworked the layout and I am going to leave most of the beds on plot 54 empty until late summer/autumn. I will plant my over wintering brassicas and onions/garlic on that plot and feed and cover plot 51. I am the victim of my own stupidity this year if truth be known. I tried to do too much at the same time......that will teach me for boasting about how quickly I could do it!

Comment

Rather than leaving them empty why not sow a green manure - keep the weeds down and roots will build up organic matter in the soil. When you're ready cut down and compost in situ or in compost bin.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                    Rather than leaving them empty why not sow a green manure - keep the weeds down and roots will build up organic matter in the soil. When you're ready cut down and compost in situ or in compost bin.
                    I might do that with a few of the beds Jay-ell, but got an endless supply of Alpaca manure which I want to incorporate as well, I guess I could grow green manure and the add the AP.

Comment

Poor alpaca - what are you feeding him?

Is alpaca manure ok to throw on straight away or best left to rot a bit? Not that I leave manure to rot much.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                        Well I failed.....big time
                        Its better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all.
                        Just move your goalposts and give yourself more time. We won't go round pointing fingers at you and saying how useless you are..............much!

Stop it Jay-ell, you know Greenleaves is very sensitive about being a failure

Comment

Straight on.....your be suprised how much they produce!

Quite dense though so I tend to make it into a slurry. Dosnt add much in the way of organic matter but higher in nitrogen and potassium than horse manure

Comment

If they're growing green manure then they've been planted and are in cultivation.

My green manures are a precise blend of poppies, nettles, docks, thistles, cleavers and about 43 others I haven't got a clue about.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              Straight on.....your be suprised how much they produce!
                              I use it too...brill cos you don't have to store it.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Its better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all.
                                Just move your goalposts and give yourself more time. We won't go round pointing fingers at you and saying how useless you are..............much!

Stop it Jay-ell, you know Greenleaves is very sensitive about being a failure
                                Green manure then goal posts for a mini footy pitch!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X