No announcement yet.

Spare Bed - Food or Fun?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a selection of veggies e.g radish. lettuce, carrots etc that you leave to go to seed.

The flowers will benefit the bugs and you can collect most of the seeds for next year?
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I would expect brexit will be used as an excuse to hike the prices of anything imported and probably anything that's not, so I'd grow edibles as our food bills will probably go up any time soon.

Comment

Hehe! You haven't me my borage Mothhawk - I have it everywhere (sown once in 2010) and nothing seems to knock it over. A week of minus seven and yet there it is, flowering away as soon as the sun reappears!!

Interesting what you say about phacelia, as I do grow it in most spare patches, and yes sometimes it has had to be spoken to very firmly. But it does seem to be very popular with the bees in these parts. Perhaps I'll grow two patches side by side as as a test.

Melons we have, but sweet potatoes I've not tried and love to eat

Letting my lettuce and radish go to seed? Just try to stop it

Tuscan kale mixed with annuals I like, especially as the flowers might make it harder for the flea beetles to find the kale.

It is starting to look like an interesting mixture, with of course room for JohnJohn too
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X