Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early for potatoes in pots, in un-heated greenhouse?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the one? Perhaps a condensed version?
    https://youtu.be/01cyheaUE2M

Comment

Yes thank you johnjohn ,

Comment

I've just watched those, MsT - thank you!. I've tried the growing in buckets thing but the plastic bag liner is a great idea. How did you get on with it?

Comment

first time trying it.

Comment

Really clever idea, I've never seen it before but it's great, thanks

Comment

I thought it was a good idea...may be we could see how good it is .?
              Last edited by Ms-T; 26-02-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Great idea - similar principle to one of these, but a great deal cheaper Potato Grow Pots - Pack of 3

Same guy has an interesting idea for growing leeks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkc5Su9Pq6A. Now, if I could just work out how to get my leeks to grow to that size before I plant them out...
                Last edited by Penellype; 27-02-2017, 07:18 AM.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I planted three half barrels of potatoes a few weeks ago. They are well wrapped up and fleeced. Fingers crossed.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I am planning on growing potatoes in Hadopots then earthing up with grass clippings. Has anyone tried this before, would it exclude light fully enough? The idea was similar to above that the grass could be removed from the pots to get at selected potatoes before the plant was finished then replaced.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X