No announcement yet.

Broad Beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope shortie, Mesembs will sprout in 3 or 4 days if the seed is fresh. I grow their exotic cousins from South africa & that grows like twitch .. well OK a slight exageration there maybe but they do grow well.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Their South African Cousins...? What are they? Want to google it so no mis-spelling please
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Mesembryanthemaceae

The piccie top left is one of them - Ebracteola Montis-Moltkeyi (larger one below).

Other members of the Mesembryanthemaceae family ar Lithops (livings stones)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebracteola-750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2317756 Click image for larger version

Name:	lithop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	2317757
        Last edited by nick the grief; 20-04-2006, 05:49 PM.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

I like the living stones - I have a tiny one in a pot and always wondered what it was - I bought it for my OH for his birthday and so come to think of it, it's probably shrivelled up and died as he kind of neglects plants...I'll go and check.

Comment

broad bean seeds just get chucked in a shallow flat drill any old way and covered with about an inch of soil in my plot i sowed a double row about a month ago with about 95% germination rate and i'll sow another double row in the next couple of weeks. i think the main thing is that they dont get too wet until they've got going

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X