No announcement yet.

First Asparagus

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well out of the 24 planted last year. only 8 have made an appearance and one of those has disappeared. Don't know what to do for the best. Sowed some all male seeds so would have replacement plants (believing to replace any females) but that is only 10 seeds and they haven't germinated yet

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
      Well out of the 24 planted last year. only 8 have made an appearance and one of those has disappeared.
      Ouch
      We have a pot of seeds too that have yet to germinate. Not tried seeds before.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I have tiny baby spears on my crowns I grew from seed last year - they desperately need moving though, they're in the world's smallest trough!

Comment

First batch of mine harvested today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	2372392

Seared in garlic butter n stuck on a plate with steak, baby tatties n mixed Med oil soaked veg! Lovely!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

They look perfect Deano. Must admit, I much prefer them seared in a pan instead of boiled or steamed.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I am on my way, just need your postcode
              Feed the soil, not the plants.
              (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
              Bob

Comment

Mr Bones!

There is no better way of serving than "Seared" Surely that's how they should be done!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X