Container for growing Courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container for growing Courgettes

I want to grow Courgettes in a container this year, so would like to know what size of container would fellow grapes recommend, also would you use soil or compost or a mix of both?
    Last edited by rary; 01-06-2017, 08:20 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

IME courgettes, unless a special container variety, hate being grown in "normal sized" containers. They get stressed and produce mostly male flowers. So a blooming big container if you are going have any chance.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Rary I use recycling boxes they're 20 x 14 x 14 inches deep (internal) I use a mix of dalek compost, soil, leaf mould and B&Q verve compost, fed with Comfrey. I've been sowing them this way for a few years and produced good results.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Bren the containers I have are one U shaped 24inch diameter by 16 inch deep with a 1 inch outlet, the other is a tapered bowl 30 inch diameter tapering to 20 inch diam.12inch deep with a perforated base. what one would you recommend I use
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I'm putting my spare courgettes in fish boxes, with a mix of farm yard manure, home made compost & MPC.
          Last edited by Small pumpkin; 02-06-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            Bren the containers I have are one U shaped 24inch diameter by 16 inch deep with a 1 inch outlet, the other is a tapered bowl 30 inch diameter tapering to 20 inch diam.12inch deep with a perforated base. what one would you recommend I use
            Which ever one has the best drainage Rary.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X