No announcement yet.

Seed Tray and Seed cells

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just snip them and the taste is the same time after time , I guess I dont take the root out , the wife uses them in making Pajeon etc which is a Korean dish , thus its v handy for them to keep growing back.

Comment

Googled Pajeon - looks interesting.

How many cuts do you get off each leek and how big do you let them grow before cutting?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Not sure but Prob a Foot long , I cut them through out the year this is my 4 yr and I do nothing to the soil 2

By the way the seed tray lid doesnt lock on , Can I put a peeble or 2 on it to hold it down when its windy ?

Comment

Should the Seed Trays lock on , I just bought a standard seed tray lid which said it would fit , I am worried if its very windy it will blow off

How can I prevent this

Thanks

By the way

So far in a week

Radish
          Sesame leaf plant
          Thai Basil
          Dwarf Green beans

Have all sprouted

Thanks for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by Tarragon2017 View Post

So far in a week

Radish
            Sesame leaf plant
            Thai Basil
            Dwarf Green beans

Have all sprouted
            YAYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seed tray lids just sit on the tray. They're not normally left on the trays outdoors.

Comment

what is there function then ?

Comment

For creating the right atmosphere to start seeds - indoors.

Comment

Can you put the seedlings in a building with no heating or should it always have central heating ?

Comment

For seedlings, in general, good light is more important than heat.
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Tarragon my recent sowings are all in seed trays outside in the blowaway - the weathers been pretty grim and the doors been open but they're all germinating fine.

I've never experienced the lids blowing off, you only need the lids on until they germinate anyway

Comment

Coriander has started to germinate so 2 has my korean mint

I have sowed more spring onions and commenced sowing Korean fir trees , Chinese Garlic Chives , Chinese Celery and a few more carrots and more thai basil

Wish me luck

Do spring onions and carrots take along time to germinate ?

Comment

Don't know about carrots one of the few veg I do not like, spring onion need a good few days.
                            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Do you have the space for those trees?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X