Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i put two "volunteer" tomatoes into the greenhouse border, they just appeared there last month so I potted them on, and now they are back in the soil, and put two of my Sorrento bought tom seed plants besides them, so we will see if they grow well and how they taste. I weeded the beetroot tubs that were sown last week but they are showing already, in all this virtually constant rain, yes ,its raining again and they forecast sunshine, nothing changes. if it stops I will put the melons into big pots and plonk them into the back greenhouse to give them some warmth and a chance of living past the end of august for a change, that would be good..

Comment

Today I did nothing on my list - but spent it with a neighbour who fell this morning and broke her shoulder.
      People are more important than plants.

Comment

Today's joblist:
        Mow the lawns and trim the edges - done
        Decide what I am going to do with 4 chinese cabbage plants and do it before they get pot bound and bolt - potted up the 2 biggest ones, the others are ok for now. The problem is finding somewhere to put them under a net.
        Decide whether to sow the swede in paper pots or direct into their bucket and do it - waiting on this one for the same reason - lack of net space.
        Harvest more strawberries and peas, and possibly a bucket of Lady C potatoes that has died down. - done - 1.5kg potatoes from that bucket.
        If time, prune the wiegela bush and trim dead bits off the clematis, which seems to have got wilt (again). - part done.
        Watering - done for today

Also:
        Ordered some more robust shelving as my cobbled together bits of blowaways are looking worse for wear after the gales.
        Sowed 3 sorts of lettuce in a spare saladgrow.
        Planted out the runner beans at my friend's (was going to do this at the weekend but they were starting to look a bit pot bound).
        Tied in the outdoor tomatoes.

Tomorrow looks busy and I won't get much time to do anything other than watering.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Today I did nothing on my list - but spent it with a neighbour who fell this morning and broke her shoulder.
          Sorry to hear about your neighbour. That's a nasty injury. Hope she recovers. And yes to the second part. We had visitors and phone calls, so I didn't get my beans sown and they won't get sown today either as we're off out tomorrow and I'm hoping to find some leek seedlings at the nursery.

So, today's job: get bed fully prepared for leeks.
          No need to do the watering as Mr Snoop has volunteered.

Comment

I didn't get any jobs done yesterday, gardening or house chores
            Spent a lovely sunny afternoon at my friends up the road. Tea, chat, babies, other neighbours turning up.
            Thoroughly enjoyed myself
            Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              People are definitely more important. Its easy to get hung up about things that don't germinate or get eaten by slugs, but when something happens to a person it put things in proportion.
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                Feed chillies that should of said feed chilli grows, Done
                Strim everything mostly done
                Mow if the rain holds off long enough mostly done
                Weed as many beds as possible weeded bed 1
                Get things ready for my new arrival ( all will be revealed in the next few days )he arrived in the post today, photos in a few days, he's recovering from his travels
                Today feed the rest of the chillies & tomatoes & Humphrey.
                Finish off strimming and mowing if it stops raining.

Comment

Today I intend to dig out some dandelions from the lawn, at least a bucket full.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Today I intend to:

Finish putting up the bean wigwam.
                    Plant the beans.
                    Sow more beans.
                    Stake the last of the asparagus ferns.
                    Thin the fruit on the plum tree.
                    Last edited by bario1; 15-06-2017, 08:05 AM. Reason: Forgot one
                    He-Pep!

Comment

Today I intend to give everything a good watering when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                        Today I intend to:

Finish putting up the bean wigwam.
                        Plant the beans.
                        Sow more beans.
                        Stake the last of the asparagus ferns.
                        Thin the fruit on the plum tree.
                        Didn't do any of it. Heavy rain in my window of opportunity.
                        He-Pep!

Comment

Tomorrow it's round 3 with the ants

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I'm setting my sights low tomorrow!

Pick strawberries
                            Eat Strawberries

Comment

So VC, you're going for all or nothing - can't do second without the first

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

If all goes well, Saturday is brassica planting day.
                                Bought a plug selection pack recently and they look good to go.

Also still have digging to do.
                                Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X