Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to encourage chilli plant flowering?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Really? That has never happened to me. We're there many fruit on the first flush? Did it start flowering too early, when the plant was a little on the small side?
    No, it's an overwintered plant from last year. It was in a very small pot, though. I wonder if they produce as many pods as the plant size / rootball size can support, and then stop, then when those pods are picked, they have enough energy to produce some more? Anyway, it seems to happen with most of my plants, they set a certain number of pods and then any more flowers just keep dropping until those pods are ripe. I'm sure I've read of similar happening to other people. Interesting to read that it doesn't happen to you; are your plants in huge pots?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
      In what way is the 'added nano' 'magic'?

I take a scientific approach, and I can't find any explanation on that website about what the nano is, and how it works. It appears to be added Fe3O4, which is a mineral called Magnetite, also known as Black Iron Oxide.

I can only see it having a significant effect in circumstances where there would otherwise be an Iron deficiency.
      A lot of chilli growing seems to be magic potions and spells! People swear by all sorts of things, from what I've seen, from bat guano to carbon dioxide capsules to smurf juice to, well, all sorts. There seems to be a lot of crossover from the growers of illegal substances too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X