Broad beans going downhill (again)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad beans going downhill (again)

Well another year and another c**p broad bean yeild. Yellowing plants, flowers fallen off before maturing with just a small amount on top to pick and the usual thrip hole damage to the tips of the leaves. Underdeveloped, twisted, blackening beans. Oh and did I mention blackfly ?

Why do I do this ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170701_16_00_55_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2404718

Yours look far better than mine! Mine look downright manky. Looks like mine have chocolate rust spot already. In fact I'm probably going to pull all mine up this week and not bother

Comment

We probably all do it because we can't let tiny insects stop us! I was planting out some beans yesterday & there was an ant on the stem before it even went in the ground. I've already got rid of my spotty broad beans,they did well despite the whitefly,ants,aphids & slugs,they're probably all thinking I'm the worst one,for taking all the beans & pulling out the plants

Comment

They don't look too bad in that picture (can't see many pods mind). I must go and look at mine. I only pick dried in Autumn and use for home made humus. They are planted next to a blackcurrant hedge so don't expect a big crop this year (and there is a large angelica plant in the middle of the row - not sure why it is there).

Comment

Mine are struggling - I have one pod and the plants are about to come out altogether. For me, they went in later than I would have liked and they have taken a battering from the wind and rain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X