Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie tomato help

Hi,

This is my first season growing tomatoes and I have a problem on all of my tomato plants. As can be seen on the photo, I have little black areas appearing on the leafs. I've googled extensively but can't quite seem to find something that describes this. Initially I thought it may be a pest problem so I sprayed with a natural pesticide but the problem continues.

Could anybody point me in the right direction to what I'm dealing with?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaf problem1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	2404724

Hi Findai and welcome to the Vine
    Is this mostly on the bottom, oldest leaves? If so, don't worry, its natural. They're dying off. I cut the bottom leaves below the below the first truss of flowers/fruit off anyway.

I don't think its a pest problem but do you feed them? If they're in compost, they need feeding after 6 weeks as all the nutrient in the compost will have been used up.

Comment

Mine look like that too, it's normally on the older leaves I find. I just cut them off.

Comment

Its the start of magnesium deficiency. Give them a good feed of tomato food (high magnesium). Don't expect the discoloured leaves to recover, but newer ones should be fine.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Thank you for your swift responses.

It's good to hear that it is normal. I'm approaching fifty and never did I expect that I would worry so much about some plants! I can see that tomato growing could easily become an addiction!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X