Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating/sinking broad beans

Hi all
    Just podded some BBs and placed the beans into a pan of cold water, most float but some sank, are any of them to be avoided as in the floating egg thing ?, thanks in advance

Don't think so (hope not) - some of mine floated, most sank. After cooking in lightly salted water they all floated. Tasted good

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Depends on whether you want them hardboiled or soft

Comment

soft , thanks Jay for the sensible answer

Comment

There's a first time for everything

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I'm still waiting for Jackarmy's first sensible question

Comment

Don't believe so in terms of the egg, i.e. freshness. However it is a good test for viability of seed, sinkers are good, floaters not so. Not sure it holds for beans but worked for my leek seed collecting last year and apparently is good for beech trees.

A little knowledge can be a boring thing at parties.....

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I'm still waiting for Jackarmy's first sensible question
                Ooo you Beech

Comment

I have a terrible urge to go hunting a beech tree now and try Chippy's float test
                  I won't of course, because that means a walk in the woods and its tea time

Comment

I've not grown aubergines before so how deep do you plant the eggs? Is it pointy end up of down?

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

How long do they take to hatch? I've had some in the bottom of the fridge for months!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X