Peas After Beetroot?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peas After Beetroot?

I have some Pea plants ready to be planted. Can I plant them where I recently removed a row of Beetroot?

Best regards,
    Greg

sigpic

Absolutely. I actually grow beetroot alongside my peas as it seems a good place to put it.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Ideally it's best the other way round - brassicas to follow legumes. Legumes like peas and beans fix nitrogen on their roots which brassicas like.

That said, I'm breaking my rotation rules because having just dug up my garlic and onions, I've sown some beetroot and outdoor cucumbers on the same plot. I would be following alliums with umbellifers (carrots, parsnips, parsnips etc) in the spring.
      Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

I haven't the space to follow strict rotation plans - each area needs to do as many crops as possible. I don't follow like with like if I can help it, but if I have a space I use it for whatever needs planting unless there is a good reason not to.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Peas After Beetroot?

Thank you everyone for the advice. I too do not have the luxury of space for my vegetables so I’m going to have to make use of what space I’ve got when I can.

Oh well better get back to digging up the lawn!

Best regards,
          Greg

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X