Cauliflower Question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauliflower Question

Just got back from my Hols to find the curds on my caulies starting to separate. I'm astonished as there did not appear to be any heads on them in the first place!! My question is; when do the curds become unusable as a veg or can I quickly cut them down now then freeze or pickle them? Thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	2405208
    Last edited by Python15; 24-07-2017, 11:09 AM. Reason: Add picture
    The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Not grown them for a while, but I am growing the Romanesque green ones and they are fine as the heads open, we are treating them like broccoli, but get them before they open up and flower.

Comment

Originally posted by Python15 View Post
      Just got back from my Hols to find the curds on my caulies starting to separate. I'm astonished as there did not appear to be any heads on them in the first place!! My question is; when do the curds become unusable as a veg or can I quickly cut them down now then freeze or pickle them? Thanks!
      Mine are usually like that when I pick them. One day there's a small curd forming and I decide to leave it to get a bit bigger, the next day it's separated and rushing to flower! If you cut it now it'll taste just fine. Just tell people it's white broccoli.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Thanks all, since I love pickled cauli I think I'll chop it up, pickle some and maybe freeze some to be made into curried cauli!

Comment

When some of ours go like that SWMBO cuts it up covers in a strong cheese sauce and freezes. Tastes just lovely
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Pots that sounds right nice too! Since I've got a half dozen of these blighters I think I would have a bash at anything!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X