Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blight alert!

I got a warning about a full 'Hutton period' today

For anyone who doesn't already know about this website, you can check your locality for potential blight risk...

https://blightwatch.co.uk
    He-Pep!

I've been getting emails for weeks, wish I hadn't signed up to it, it just means the conditions are there, it doesn't mean we will get any(hopefully).

Comment

I keep seeing warnings but , touch wood, we have never had it, it might be that it needs warm weather..

Comment

Yes, the new warnings seem to be for a wider range of conditions, so I get a warning every time it rains!
        A bit pointless, I think!

Comment

Really? This is the first one I've had all year... and there's not a cloud in the sky today!
          He-Pep!

Comment

I keep getting them too - looks like I am due for another email tomorrow from the blightwatch site. It does seem rather pointless to email every time it rains, but they must have their reasons for changing the criteria.

All we can really do is use it as an indication that conditions are good for blight, and keep an eye on the plants. Strangely enough, of the varieties that are still growing here (a few Lady C, Charlotte, Desiree and Sarpo Mira), the Sarpo look by far the sickest, with most leaves almost half brown. I don't think its blight, but I am not expecting a good crop from them.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Up to yet I've had three red warnings this month, so not as many as usual wonder if its to do with the new criteria?
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X