What to do next

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next

Gradually working my way through my early potatoes which means that I am now freeing up more spece in my plot.
    Is there much that I can plant now or should I just cover up the ground to keep the weeds off for next year's plantings?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

As I dig each 'shye' of Charlotte early potatoes I am planting leek plantlets where they were.
    As onions are being lifted i am planting curly kale and nero de toscana kale.
    I also lave leaf celery. red kale , florence fennel and two types of spring cabage seedlings waiting in the wings for when other stuff comes out.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Lymmguineas have a read at the sowing guides on Thompson and Morgans website for July then Augusts on the side bar. seems a shame to not get full use from your growing space.

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/what...d-grow-in-july
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Lymmguineas have a read at the sowing guides on Thompson and Morgans website for July then Augusts on the side bar. seems a shame to not get full use from your growing space.

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/what...d-grow-in-july
        Already had a look at the August one.
        Unfortunately I don't really like much of the stuff they suggest to plant outdoors in August!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          As I dig each 'shye' of Charlotte early potatoes I am planting leek plantlets where they were.
          As onions are being lifted i am planting curly kale and nero de toscana kale.
          I also lave leaf celery. red kale , florence fennel and two types of spring cabage seedlings waiting in the wings for when other stuff comes out.
          Some good suggestions there but I've already got plenty of leeks and celery already planted. Really like Fennel though. Is it too late to get some seeds in? maybe if i start them indoors?

Comment

How about September's suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Lymmguineas View Post
              Some good suggestions there but I've already got plenty of leeks and celery already planted. Really like Fennel though. Is it too late to get some seeds in? maybe if i start them indoors?
              Fennel - sow June-July so you should be OK. If you like it, give it a go!
              Growing Fennel | How To Grow | Grow Your Own

Comment

Broad beans still to sow, ball headed spring cabbage still to sow, japanese onion sets still to buy and sow.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X