No announcement yet.

No dig gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I do, rary. Fill the bottom of the bag with fresh material, leaves and shredded paper and top it up with good soil.
    I'm growing spuds in a wire mesh container of last year's leaves and weeds. Haven't lifted them yet, so don't know what they.ll be like, but they grew well. The level drops as it composts down so you will have to keep topping it up.

Comment

I've had good crops (lettuce, beetroot and this year hopefully melons which are a nice size but not yet ripe) from filling the bottom of a raised bed with fresh horse muck and then covering it with 2-4 inches of compost/soil, along the lines of a hotbed although the beds are too small to generate much heat and the horse muck is shavings which doesn't produce as much heat as straw anyway. I'm trying the same idea with sweet potatoes in a gro-bed in the greenhouse part filled with old straw then covered with compost, but I have no idea what sort of crop I'm going to get. There is a fair amount of greenery.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X