Broccoli or Cabbage?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broccoli or Cabbage?

I enclose 2 photos. The first of the "Broccoli Marathon" label attached to the plants I bought from Homebase and planted back in the Spring. The second is of what has emerged, which everyone assures me is a "Savoy" type cabbage? Who's be a gardener. If it is a cabbage, thank you Homebase!Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabbage 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	2405366Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabbage1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2405367

That is a very nice Savoy cabbage!

Comment

Indeed it is! At least we know we can grow them!

Comment

It's a cabbage..........................(with apologies to Mr Brian Connolly, at least I'm current as he is on Strictly!!)

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
          It's a cabbage..........................(with apologies to Mr Brian Connolly, at least I'm current as he is on Strictly!!)
          Yep, humour always appreciated. Home base Customer Services here I come!

Comment

'Ello, miss! I wish to complain about this broccoli what I purchased not half a year ago from this very boutique......
            Last edited by Chippy Minton; 10-09-2017, 03:50 PM. Reason: Dreadfully misquoting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
              'Ello, miss! I wish to complain about this broccoli what I purchased not half a year ago from this very boutique......
              The "cabbage" sketch......why didn't Python think of that! Hahahahaha

Comment

Beautiful cabbage.

You're doing better than me. I bought some Marathon seeds that turned into weird, stunted green caulis. Really bitter and totally inedible. Very frustrating after months of loving care.

Comment

I am now avoiding some of the "own brands" from some shops, they just don't seem to be as good as the regular ones.

Comment

I had some Romanescos as well-established seedlings/plants from my local garden centre - over half of which turned out to be purple-sprouting broccoli.

Actually, one of those did better in my poor soil than the PSB plants that I also bought from them and the genuine Romanescos didn't do well at all

Comment

I bought some french bean seeds and they turned out to be nothing.
                      Or may be slug bait.
                      Jimmy
                      Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

I bought some sprout plants from homebase some years ago. Should have known better, they turned out to be caulis

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X