Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to basics

Hi All!

Not been the best of years for me to be honest! but hey! what will be will be!

New year new start me thinking!

Notice we have one hell of a lot of "Newbies" and wanted to compile a bit of a basic "Veg Planner" as a little guidance as to what to sow when, planting distances etc!

It's looking good!

Do one's think it beneficial, happy to carry on with it, although a little time consuming, but happy to carry on playing with it! gives me summat to do over the winter months!

Been a rough day, sat here like a "Nodding Dog" Best call it a day!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Deano

I worked mine out based on guidance from Garden Focused based on the*last frost date for Sutton Surrey of the last week in April. I selected what I'm going to grow and have copied the schedule from the web site and pasted on my blog, Alans Allotment: Sowing & Planting Plan

Then started to tweak based on experience and added lines like the fortnightly reminder for Spring Onions after the initial one in March and the Plot specific tasks that need to be completed like the preparation of the beds and the erection of the greenhouse. Problem was the wife got pneumonia went into hospital, can out then was allergic to the antibiotics, turned into Hell boy, back in to hospital, then came home and needed a lot of care and I never did manage to get back on programme

I'm going to redo and tweak for next year over the Winter months *
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Sorry Deano, nope, certainly not the best year for me either but hey ho. Better to keep on trucking on really and gardening helps

I think I'd have loved it if there had of been a newbie veg planner when I was starting out. Yes it will be very beneficial - whether anyone will really thank you for it and the time it might chew up is another story! But I love the idea and it's awesome that you are wanting to help other newbie gardeners.
      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

A few Grapes have had a go at "What to do each month" but run out of steam for various reasons. Don't want you to bite off more than you can chew! http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sed_87761.html

There are a lot of links at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nks_44745.html though whether they all work now I dunno.

The GYO Growing guides tell you what to do each month for most veg and fruit
        How To Grow Vegetables & Fruit | Growing Guides & Tips | Grow Your Own Magazine

Good luck, if you go ahead with it

Comment

VC, not as complex as ya thinking I am guessing!

Just a one page excel spread sheet, well depending on the size of the file once completed!

But it is looking rather "Cool"

Colour co-ordinated n all the Biz! I'll carry on playing with it, and see what the outcome will be.

Then trying to post it on here will be another matter!

Just thought it would be of a benefit to me as well as all others! We'll see!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Go for it.....however I believe if you want to share it I believe we can't attach word, Excel etc

That said things may have moved on since I stopped modding

Comment

GL!

Tell me about it! Just tried!

Comment

I'd use it Deano!

I like things set out and explained simple. Let's be honest I need all the help I can get

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                  GL!

Tell me about it! Just tried!
                  Can you save each page as a document, then attach it to your post?

Comment

Deano..............try converting your spreadsheet to a jpeg:

Convert Files - Free XLS to JPG converter. Free online document converter.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Deano - Can you not save your spreadsheet 'on the cloud' somewhere - that way your pivot tables and so on would still work - then put a link to the file ?

I do believe that I did similar with my 2016 'slug trubechet' posting of a video using 'google drive' - other free cloud services are available....
                      Last edited by Baldy; 28-09-2017, 07:57 PM.
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                        Go for it.....however I believe if you want to share it I believe we can't attach word, Excel etc

That said things may have moved on since I stopped modding
                        Hmmm, it wasn't that long ago .....was it? Time flies when your having fun

Comment

What's wrong with copy and paste ?

I'll get my coat..........

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Hmmm, it wasn't that long ago .....was it? Time flies when your having fun
                            It sure does

Comment

^^^^^^^^^ :d :d :d
                              Last edited by Scarlet; 28-09-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X