Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Fat Frenchies

Beans that is.
    My Blue Lake this year have for some reason not wanted to put much lenth on. they seem to have prefered to stay as short as possible and put on the weight round the middle ( i know how they feel )

Anyway, the ones that have put some lenth on have also put the weight on , weve eaten them and theyve been fine but, is there a reason ? for the fattening up prematurely ?

tia.

Interesting....my Kew blue have been getting fat quick I've actually been slicing them as you would runner beans. I'm blaming it on the weather.

Comment

I was thinking weather also Scarlet but my runners have been awesome, would have been better if picked more often, lots gone to waste
      Borlotti also really productive and bean like
      Last edited by jackarmy; 28-09-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Have they been like that all year or just now? My Cobra are getting fatter and shorter at the moment, but taste great and still producing so I'm happy.
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere that they produce shorter pods towards the end of the season - in theory gives the plant a chance to produce and mature a smaller number of seeds (when there isn't time to mature a full length pod).

Comment

Certainly what mine seem to do - French and runners
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I was very worried when I read the title
              Don't know why, I'm not French

As you were....................

Comment

Chestnut and Happy, theyve been like it all season, they were longer then but still getting really chubby from the off.

VC, we have any welsh climbing beans ?

Comment

There are Welsh Runner beans if that helps Can't remember the name, but a man in ?Ceredigion bred them. He's offered them on the Vine. Scarlet may remember.
                  I have/had some Buckles Black, a black-seeded runner that has been grown locally for 30+ years and seems to be unknown elsewhere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X