How many times............?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times............?

How many times do you try to grow a particular veg or fruit before giving up?
    Are you a "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" or, is once enough?

Once is enough........................then I change my mind after about five year.............then I realise that things aint changed and wish I had never given it a second chance!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Depends what it is
      Some things only get the one chance to impress me. Nothing gets more than 3 chances

Comment

Mines aubergines I only tried for 3 years because the flowers were pretty.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I grew the most magnificent cauliflowers and cabbaged my first ever year, I kept trying but have never managed to do it again, gave the cauliflowers a rest this year but having another bash next year.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

I tried growing butternut and crown prince squashes once, and decided our season here just isn't long enough, so never again.

Tried cauliflowers once and won't try again... so much maintenance with very little return.

On the other hand, I've tried carrots four times and will keep perservering. Weather-wise they should grow here no problem, I just haven't got the knack for them yet.

Comment

Pepino - 7 years.

Once Id managed to get a ripe fruit I never bothered with it again.

Comment

Depends what it is but 3-4 times (to be sure its pointless) is about my usual limit

Comment

I keep trying Florence Fennel, every so often one is brilliant but mostly they just run to seed.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

If its something I really like I will give it 3 or 4 tries, for example this is the 3rd year I have tried melons and the first to produce any female flowers at all, let alone fruit. I have 5 fruit forming this time . However if it is something that is just to see what its like, I might only give it one go. I tried choy sum, but found it only formed tiny plants that were not worth the space, so now I am using up the seed as microgreens and growing pak choi instead.
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Melons, aubergines (I don't like them anyway, so no idea why I even tried!) and on the allotment I gave up on carrots - the freaking flies had every single carrot. I grow them just fine at home (high fences surrounding on all sides)
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Two or three if I really want it to work...

(My first sweetcorn grew 6 inches high and died...)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X