Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's been a lot of speculation about Pepper X and, basically, I'll believe it when I see it. There are so many chillies which are "going to" break the record or "unofficially the hottest pepper in the world" but nothing has actually happened.

Apparently the Pepper X sauces that have been released have varied in colour so it doesn't seem as if there is a definitive version yet.

Comment

No their still working on it and tbh whats the point appart from bragging rights .
      Not like id have one or even a piece of one in a cheese sandwhich .

Comment

I have some Trinidad parfume
        Scotch bonnets
        Patio fire
        Fatalli

When's the best time to start them? I have a heated propogator but don't have a heated greenhouse so was planning on getting going indoors until temperatures improves
        Last edited by gardengeordie; 17-01-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

The problem is having large plants littering windowsils when they can't be left in the GH overnight. Temps should be consistently above 10 at the minimum. A dip for a couple of hours won't hurt but I generally don't leave mine overnight in the GH until May. If you can take them in at night there isn't much of a problem.
          I usually start mine end of Jan and take them out in April with nightly trips back inside...same as I do with my toms.
          Last edited by Scarlet; 17-01-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
            And the boys from Clifton trying the sauce from aforementioned chilli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Poab7MJQI&t=45s

Why would you do that to yourself

Obviously watching that! eating "Chillies" makes you fat!
            Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 17-01-2018, 06:31 PM.
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Know the feeling

Combined with giving up smoking and a love for chocolate and lager
              Last edited by jackarmy; 17-01-2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Third chilli variety looping this morning.

Comment

And the boys from Clifton trying the sauce from aforementioned chilli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Poab7MJQI&t=45s

Why would you do that to yourself
                  The big guy handled that insanely hot sauce like a champ though, I'd be crawling on the floor in tears probably with that amount on the spoon!

(That said I would likely try a tiny bit one time just to say I'd had some, and it definitely can't be worse than Psycho Serum)..
                  Last edited by Philthy; 17-01-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philthy View Post
                    The big guy handled that insanely hot sauce like a champ though, I'd be crawling on the floor in tears probably with that amount on the spoon!

(That said I would likely try a tiny bit one time just to say I'd had some, and it definitely can't be worse than Psycho Serum)..
                    The boys from the Clifton chilli club are quite used to the odd hot chilli I'm guessing, so that must be insanely hot. They were very helpful when we were trying to organise a chilli eating contest ( postponed until later this year due to health issues).
                    Make sure you take a video when you try it
                    I must be honest I wouldn't mind trying to grow a pepper X. They would give my chilli powder a bit of a kick

Comment

• Aye SP, kick it all the way back to the mainland

Comment

• So almost freaked out lol

After screaming from the rooftops about the Basque Chilli i went through my seed box last saturday and guess what ? , yep , you guessed it , gave all the seed to the swaps and forgot to set some aside for myself, "total numpty".

Anyway to cut a long story short, one plant was still up the greenhouse, almost dead but with three chillis still there.
                        Shot up g/h, took a chilli, harvested the seed and set them to dry. Anyway ( told you id cut it short lol ) thought id put a few in a bag and put them on top of the lizzards cage and indeed, just 5 days later their out , happy days.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                          After screaming from the rooftops about the Basque Chilli i went through my seed box last saturday and guess what ? , yep , you guessed it , gave all the seed to the swaps and forgot to set some aside for myself, "total numpty".

Anyway to cut a long story short, one plant was still up the greenhouse, almost dead but with three chillis still there.
                          Shot up g/h, took a chilli, harvested the seed and set them to dry. Anyway ( told you id cut it short lol ) thought id put a few in a bag and put them on top of the lizzards cage and indeed, just 5 days later their out , happy days.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180118_182158-3120x2340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2376229

First time id done that as well

Comment

• I got some basque/espelette from another swap as well, Jack, so I could let you have yours back if you need them?

Comment

• Thanks for the offer but ive loads now, just chuffed it worked, thought they may have been to manky.

meant to add foto to originol post but messed it up somehow

Comment

• Am I right in thinking they are quite mild but flavourful? I'm definitely going to grow them this year; will start them some time in February.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X