This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Philthy View Post
    My single overwintering superhot this year, a Trinidad Scorpion is circling the drain but it got cold damaged awhile back (surprised it's lasted this long). Still, bottom 4" still green so it may rally yet. Historically this one's always done well through winter provided it's healthy to begin with. ..
    Mine got hit by cold, but it's looking promising!
    Last edited by Scarlet; 12-02-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
      The larger plants should be kept above 10 degrees but ideally a bit warmer than that so they continue to thrive..Room temp should be fine presuming they are inside and getting light
      Hi Trip'

Yes they are in a growbox complete with light, thanks for your advice.
      Gp
      Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

• Those pots will be fine to start with.[/QUOTE]
        Sp would you recomend that I leave them in the paper pots when it comes to planting on into larger pots ie MFB or similar ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalrimple View Post
          Those pots will be fine to start with.
          Sp would you recomend that I leave them in the paper pots when it comes to planting on into larger pots ie MFB or similar ?
          They should be fine left in the paper pots. You will have a better idea when it comes to repotting, you'll be able too see if the roots are starting to come through the paper or if you think they need to come out of the paper pots first.
          MFB are brilliant for chillies final pot. I'd personally do a repotting stage in between maybe into a 1lt, 1 1/2lt or 2 lt pot first ( whatever you've got available really). That really is my personal preference you can go from 3" to MFB if you like.

Comment

• thanks SP I was lucky to get a load of pots from a bloke who was packing in ! I shall nip to morereasons on thursday it should be a good day to go! atb Dal

Comment

• Planted some Dorset Naga in the heated propagator on 5th February. What germation period would these typically take?

Comment

• Originally posted by AmateurOne View Post
                Planted some Dorset Naga in the heated propagator on 5th February. What germation period would these typically take?
                Anything from 14 to 40+ days. Patients

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  Thanks SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    It took just 2 days for mine to arrive .....and Ive taken good care so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      It took just 2 days for mine to arrive .....and Ive taken good care so far
                      Cheat
                      You will be giving them names before you know it

Comment

• My first seedling germination of the year has happened today, a Ring of Fire Chilli. Always a great feeling to see this.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Just a dumb question, I have grow chilli in my greenhouse but they always die off in winter. Will they have to come in the house in winter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Durham_Digger View Post
                            Just a dumb question, I have grow chilli in my greenhouse but they always die off in winter. Will they have to come in the house in winter?
                            Not a dumb question. If you want to keep them alive then the short answer is yes. On the previous page of this thread there is some discussion of the temperatures needed to keep chilli plants alive and growing. They ideally need the temperature to stay above 10*C and certainly frost will kill them. At cool temperatures with low-ish light levels they can go dormant but it's touch and go whether they will revive in spring. If you treat them as houseplants at room temperature then they can keep growing over winter.

Bringing them into the house always risks introducing pests (especially aphids) to your houseplants. Some chilli growers don't overwinter for that reason, and start fresh from seed every year. Most of us try to save some, because the hotter chillies in particular are supposed to crop better in their second year.
                            Last edited by Mitzi; 14-02-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• My Overwintered Basket of Fire seems to be doing ok between 8 &12C, colder at night ,down to about 6 but its under light during the day.
                              Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

• Originally posted by geepee View Post
                                My Overwintered Basket of Fire seems to be doing ok between 8 &12C, colder at night ,down to about 6 but its under light during the day.
                                Have you got any photos? Has it put out much growth?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X