This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reefer123 View Post
    Here is a couple of chilli's i dried from last year can you tell me what type they are as i forget what the plant is now
    https://imgur.com/a/rBwng
    Where did you buy it from? I would say it’s a cayenne, they are readily available as small plants from garden centres and supermarkets

Comment

• It was a gift, i think it was bought at home base. I through the card away as i did not think it would last this long.
      A friend had a bet that it would die over christmas so i just kept it as it was apart from cutting back a couple of inches of branch from the left and right branches
      I become more or less a pet now haha

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
        My OH is knitting jumpers for them all this weekend

The porch has dropped to just around freezing.
        Still heat under the seedlings, and under 2nd propagator cover with lights.
        Moved chitting seed potatoes inside
        Switched on the Disco Light - Party Time - so took their picture

The "peppers" have been growing their little socks off despite the cold this week. Since last post: - They are still under head and I'm removing the Propagator hoods during the day. After cold spell, will be given a pass and they will be able to stay out all night

Chris11 Mystery Tour, Pot 12 - Plant A has grown 20mm height and 30mm in leaf span.
        Chris11 - Santa Fe Grande not to be out done has a Leaf span of 70mm tip to tip.

Pot 5A seedling baby leaf will not release from the seed case.
        There are 3 purple plants... Would I be right in assuming they are all the same Variety?
        Going to have to investigate a Chilli with a Green Tiger/leopard Leaf.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
          Chris11 Mystery Tour, Pot 12 - Plant A has grown 20mm height and 30mm in leaf span.
          Chris11 - Santa Fe Grande not to be out done has a Leaf span of 70mm tip to tip.

Pot 5A seedling baby leaf will not release from the seed case.
          There are 3 purple plants... Would I be right in assuming they are all the same Variety?
          Really good to see your excellent results and record keeping

5A with 'helmet head' you might still be ok with. Sometimes I can ease off seed casing with some kind of tweezers/cocktail stick combination. If the leaves are completely trapped, then it's more difficult, and all you can do is keep seed casing moist and wait.

The three purple plants are probably the same, and I think I know what they might be, but maybe still too early to be sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
            Really good to see your excellent results and record keeping

5A with 'helmet head' you might still be ok with.

The helmet is off the head - Long live 5A.....

Comment

• Just had to sow some hungarian hot wax seeds. I had planned on growing some scotch bonnet and long slim cayenne but after 2 attempts, non eof them have germinated (yet) so i have got a little impatient and sown some HHW.

Please germinate.

Comment

• Where are you trying to germinate? You need somewhere with constant warmth, Remember radiators turn off at night....

Comment

• Update from my end!

We're not "Blistering Away" and the recent weather conditions have not helped with having to shelve the gardening front and concentrate on work unfortuanatly!

But now subsiding, "Thank Gawd"

But a few more "Pricked Out" and a few more left to do!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2844.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	2376708

Name:	IMG_2847.jpg
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	2376709

Happy with the way it is going, and not flapping yet!
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Where are you trying to germinate? You need somewhere with constant warmth, Remember radiators turn off at night....
                    In my bedroom on a garland super 7 propagator The exact place i had them last year when i had almost 100% germination.

Comment

• Mine are now starting to "Bulk Up" which I'm happy with!

Shifted a few more today and not many left to go!

Name:	IMG_2850.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	2376740

Name:	IMG_2856.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	2376741

Not happy with the herbs as they are getting a little too leggy! But as yet not too worried, still early days and can start some off again!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Looking good Deano

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                          Just had to sow some hungarian hot wax seeds. I had planned on growing some scotch bonnet and long slim cayenne but after 2 attempts, non eof them have germinated (yet) so i have got a little impatient and sown some HHW.

Please germinate.
                          I can send you a plug plant of Beth Boyd or Cappuccino scotch bonnet and a Goat Horn or Thunder Mountain Longhorn instead of cayenne if you would like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                            In my bedroom on a garland super 7 propagator The exact place i had them last year when i had almost 100% germination.
                            S*** seed then!
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 09-03-2018, 05:49 PM. Reason: Family forum!

Comment

• Scarlet, I’ve come to join in.

Probably not wildly exciting to you oficiardos but I’m growing Chilli’s from seed for the first time.

Currently I’ve got the following just forming first true leaves.

De Cayenne,
                              Serrano,
                              Jalapeño,
                              Orange Mabenero
                              Yellow Biquinho

Assuming these are all ones I would grow each year and not overwinter?

Comment

• Welcome Bluenowhete! Well, I think cayenne and jalapeño will give you a great crop if started new every year. I’ve over wintered a Serrano ( I’m sure Thelma does too?). So if your OH doesn’t mind you clogging up your windowsills, or an aphid invasion you could try that and the Biquinho which is from the Chinese family.
                                I’ve never heard of the Mabenero? Is that a typo? Is it a hab? If so - that’s a great choice for overwintering.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X