This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dalrimple View Post
    had look at mine this morning and found 3 flagging they'r in 3in peat pots and they seem to dry out quickly ! I don't want to over water but I must keep a eyeout in future! atb Dal
    well thev'e all picked up again ! and in future i'll check my spelling ! atb Dal .

Comment

• just a thougt does anyone sow seeds late to get plants to over winter that dont set fruit ? sorry if this as been done and I have missed this ! atb Dal .

Comment

• Planting late to overwinter is not something I've ever done. I just like the growing from seed part...

Here's this years growth to date - two batches planted hence the differences in sizes.

They are quite warm inside and doing well Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_093135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2376854- but the snow is back just outside....

Comment

• The ones on the left are well developed. When did you plant them?

Comment

• It was the last week in January when I planted the first ones. Half of them are sweet peppers and about half chillis.

Comment

• Mine are moving along slowly!

Not as established as some of you have got yours!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2873.jpg
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	2376871. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2875.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	2376872. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2874.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	2376873

Not too concerned yet! They're growing!

And to be honest most of the bigger one's I'll start potting on, so that should give em a little encouragement and a bit of "Humph"

Oh! SP! Yours are now starting to go upright! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2877.jpg
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	2376874
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• More varieties now germinated, Hong Gochu Korean and Serrano Wahaca.

Also some old Orange Bell seeds that I germinated on paper towel, that may or may not survive the transfer to compost.

Bit behind those of you with lights.

Comment

• Most of my 2018 plants are sick, hit by the double whammy of oedema and aphids. Ladybird numbers are slowly increasing but the aphids are winning at the moment. Don't think this is going to be my year.

Two of the overwinters - Aleppo and Bahamian Goat - are setting pods and seem to be thriving. Other than that, meh.

Comment

• Come on Mitzi, I'm rooting for you and your plants.

Neither oedema nor aphids need to be terminal. I'm sure you already know how best to handle those conditions to give your plants best chance to recover.

More sunlight and warmer temperatures soon, will improve the prospects for all our plants

Comment

• 'Scuse my butting in, but what do I do now?

Name:	20180320_194757-3456x1944.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2376886

My chilli has made it through the winter, and considering we had several bouts of ice on the inside of our windows, is no mean feat.

I take it that it needs to stay indoors until the growhouse is consistently staying above 10C. Do I re pot now? Feed it? What with?

All wisdom gratefully received.
                      Last edited by 1Bee; 20-03-2018, 08:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Three more varieties looping this morning.

Amy Sweet Hungarian Wax, Santa Fe Grande, plus Elysium Lantern from a second sowing after the earlier seedling was lost to the cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                          'Scuse my butting in, but what do I do now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79078[/ATTACH]

My chilli has made it through the winter, and considering we had several bouts of ice on the inside of our windows, is no mean feat.

I take it that it needs to stay indoors until the growhouse is consistently staying above 10C. Do I re pot now? Feed it? What with?

All wisdom gratefully received.
                          I’ve just potted mine on, the new compost will give it a boost. And yes, it needs to stay inside until at least 10/12 minimum.

If you have a lots of straggly growth a prune back won’t hurt it. It will fruit a bit later but you’ll get lots more new growth and give it a better, bushier shape.

Comment

• ^^^^you can used tomato feed for chillies. Works fine.

Comment

• first fruit from this years seeds

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                              Very cool . I didn't start till December this time round. When I started in November they got to big before they could go out to the tunnel.
                              Let's see some pics, we like pics
                              Ok so here's the first fruit from the bulgarian carrot, and the other one is ring of fire - both from a batch sown in November and under growlights since then. Never used a growlight before, the plant are so much more compact, much darker leavers and able to thrive in tiny pots.

Name:	image2.jpg
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	2376892

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	2376893

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I’ve just potted mine on, the new compost will give it a boost. And yes, it needs to stay inside until at least 10/12 minimum.

If you have a lots of straggly growth a prune back won’t hurt it. It will fruit a bit later but you’ll get lots more new growth and give it a better, bushier shape.
                                Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                ^^^^you can used tomato feed for chillies. Works fine.
                                Yep

I'll be potting mine up this coming weekend into nice fresh compost an shall be burying it a little deeper.

A final little trim to make it look symmetrical............

Oh! and encourage bushiness of course!

A little dose of seaweed feed, then we're in the lap of the gods!

Oh! and we're getting very near that time of potting on the new babies!

So pot washing in full flow! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2889.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	2376894

How "Exciting"
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X