Clear All

• Here we go again! Another update!

They have "Flown On"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	2377168

Adapting that slight breeze as worked a treat, and will adapt it again in future!

Not sown a single "Main Crop" tomato yet!

Work is just getting in the way!

But not worried as yet, as at last we are now seeing warmer days! Champion!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• They are looking stunning Deano.
      Is the breeze effect from the little blow heater thing you set up? Just brilliant!

Comment

• SP! Honest!

I'm just astounded! It was only just a thought!

But I'll tell you what! The plants have almost doubled in size and the size or thickness of their stems is just unbeilivable! And that is just a case of in several days!

I'll be certainly looking further into it!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Well after over a month one seedling out of 12 has germinated. Pathetic

Comment

• Looking good Deano! What lights are you using?

Comment

• Veeeeeery late start here - I've just sown:

Padron
              Nosferatu
              Burkina Yellow (thanks Chris11! This year I will look after the plants!)
              Bulgarian Carrot
              Filius Blue
              Purple Jalapeno
              Nigel's Outdoor
              Trepadeira Werner
              Bartlett's Bonnet
              £land Habanero - which I strongly suspect is just a jalapeno, but I liked it.

The plants will be grown on in the greenhouse, bar padrons, which do really well for me outside in flower buckets of manure/soil mix. Whichever flowers first gets to be my seed saving choice for this year!
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by IainM View Post
                Looking good Deano! What lights are you using?
                Iain, I have only used the "Grow Light Garden" Click image for larger version

Name:	Grow Light Garden.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	2377179 up to press this year if truth be known! and I only purchased that on a whim as VC posted it was on special offer!

But must admit I am well impressed! and maybe purchasing a couple more!

Yeah! not "Hi Tech" but it as served it's purpose no end! After all, these plants will be getting potted on at some stage to live their summer life in a greenhouse come tunnel.

Yeah I have 2 T5 "Maxibrights" I have sat in the wings and once I have time will set these up over my little incubator system now the plants are getting a little bigger and need a little more room once potted on!

Hey! Rome wasn't built in a day!

But so far so good!

Although I think "Nigel" as "Pegged It"

Comment

• Hi all,
                  While I had read about microwaving or putting boiling water on the seed starting mix and compost, I didn't do it. Now I have loads of little black flies buzzing around the house. I think they are fungus gnats. Not only are they annoying, but I just read that the larvae can damage roots, so I'm seeing red. Have you guys ever had to deal with this? What is the most effective way of getting rid of them. I've started watering/feeding from the bottom to help keep the surface dry but often the water wicks all the way to the top. I'll invest in some perlite to sprinkle on top, as I'll probably need some of that in the mix when moving them to bigger pots. What else would work? Should I buy a sundew or sarracenia? Perhaps sprinkle some cinnamon before adding the perlite? How about those yellow sticky tape fly traps? Do I need to do all these things, or am I worrying about nothing? So many questions!

Comment

• Hmmm! an hard one to answer!

As I have only been growing plants indoors for the last three years have not had this problem, and if I did I did I would find both my plants and myself living in tent outdoors!

It's ok putting up "Sticky Tapes" to control the adult, and they don't actually have a long life cycle, but you need to eliminate the babies in the soil as the cycle will just continue!

Neem oil for one they recommend as well as baby soap shavings, do a little "Google" sure you will come up with an answer!

Comment

• My cayenne is flowering, isn't it a bit too soon? Not that I worry about it, I am just surprised.

Click image for larger version

Name:	R0014459m.JPG
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	2377206Click image for larger version

Name:	R0014460m.JPG
Size:	423.1 KB
ID:	2377207

Comment

• Yep its too early Ani ( depending on your plan of course ) , just pinch them out .

Comment

• Anyone here tried Biquino Yellow?
                          He-Pep!

Comment

• Have you only just potted on? Maybe a bit stressed Ani, I would pinch out the tips to get the flowers off as Jack has advised. The plant hasn't developed enough to support fruit yet.
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 11-04-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                              Anyone here tried Biquino Yellow?
                              Ms T and Chris.....

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by bario1: Anyone here tried Biquino Yellow?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Ms T and Chris.....
                                Not me, although I have grown Burkina Yellow.

Biquinho Yellow is a different variety.

Burkina is from Africa, Biquinho is Brazilian.
                                Last edited by Chris11; 11-04-2018, 09:04 PM. Reason: Spelling Biquinho

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X