X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do let us know how the grafting goes when you get round to it

Comment

• How do you decide what to graft onto what? And what are you trying to achieve?
      Last edited by Mitzi; 27-06-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• i have no idea what to graft on to what and tbh i got all the lables muddled up when putting out my seeds so im not sure what im even starting with really (only have a rough idea ),i think you get better results with chilli from the same part of the world or from the same "family" the sort of thing id like to get is somthing like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA67dEBpY3A

i cant find a better link to it atm but you get the idea
        heres another link too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTazWgI3Zs&t=1s
        Last edited by the big lebowski; 27-06-2018, 10:23 AM.
        The Dude abides.

Comment

• Chris11 Challenge - June Update1.2

It is getting towards the end of another month and the plants are liking the polytunnel. Many of them have fruit and I have indicated a generic of style of fruit and the plant height.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chilli Blog June2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	2378994

Plants 1A to 5B

Name:	Chilli Blog June1.jpg
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	2378995

Plants 6A to 12B

NB 8A,B & 11A - Is Jalapeno an appropriate shape for Pot Black

it has been quite a learning curve, but should be able to say 1A is a sweet pepper and 5B is a chilli

It is looking more likely that 7A & B will be similar. Was going to say sweet, but with the size of the plants, fruit buds and colour and shape of the flowers, they are still a mystery.

Comment

• wow thats some great stuff and good note keeping ,looking good ,keep up the good work ,cheers
            The Dude abides.

Comment

• Chris11 Challenge - June Update1.3

Reference Plants...

Now that many of the Chris11 Challenge pepper plants have started to fruit, I can use these plants during the identification process. The two groups are: -

The Chris11 seed swap

Name:	Chilli Blog June3.jpg
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	2378997

The 2017 Over Winter and Sweet pepper seeds

Name:	Chilli Blog June4.jpg
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	2378998

Expect next step is to try and group them by sweet and chilli peppers.

Comment

• It's everyone's favourite game, guess the chilli

This is a basket of fire ( I have 3 all looking the same & looking the same as the basket of fire I grow last years )

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	2379023

This is my 4th basket of fire

Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	2379024

Definitely didn't mix up seeds when sowing ( it doesn't look like anything else I'm growing) or miss label.

I thought it might of been a numex twilight but the the fruits are much bigger and the plants is much more compact.

Any ideas?
                Last edited by Small pumpkin; 29-06-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• First harvest of the year Click image for larger version

Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	2379034

Comment

• I haven’t got s clue SP! ....pretty impressive to start getting s crop like that so early in the season though!
                    Jealous

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      This is my 4th basket of fire [ATTACH=CONFIG]81344[/ATTACH]

Definitely didn't mix up seeds when sowing ( it doesn't look like anything else I'm growing) or miss label.

I thought it might of been a numex twilight but the the fruits are much bigger and the plants is much more compact. Any ideas?
                      If it's a random seed of a different variety, that's somehow got mixed up, then I'd look first at where you got the Basket Of Fire seeds, and see what else they were selling.

For example, if you'd got the Basket of Fire from Mr. F's, then you could guess that your plant might be a Razzamatazz

Other explanations are a random cross, or even a mutation that has led to that plant being different. But depending on the source of your seeds, a random seed having gone in to the wrong packet is always a possibility.

Comment

• Brilliant harvest, SP. What are they?

No idea about your mystery chilli but it's very attractive.

My first Nagabrain Chocolate pod is starting to go brown.

Lots ripening on SB MoA and Bahamian Goat overwinters, and the first couple on Peach Tiger Tooth.

Big potting up day on Saturday, did the final six Stewart self-watering pots and eight MFBs for outside. Other half says all the plants from our bedroom need to go outside too; he's sick of them on the windowsill. I don't think the superhots will be happy outdoors - well, they will at the moment, but if the weather turns and we get a cool, cloudy summer like last year then they won't like it. What to do? He's always been pretty tolerant up to now but it seems that he's had enough.

Comment

• Tell him to buy you a green house!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                            Brilliant harvest, SP. What are they?
                            Cayenne, padron and the first thunder mountain longhorn.

I second Scarlet's comments. Tell him to buy you a greenhouse ......... a big one

Comment

• My outside pots (well, most of them):

Pubescens on the left, then baccatums, then three chinenses in the MFBs, then annuums. There are 24 in total but only 20 of them in this pic.

Comment

• hi all, looking great mitzi , i have about 10 hungarian wax chillis that look about ready to pick ,is anyone else growing those ?
                                The Dude abides.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X