Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some chillies still going strong..includes Boras 9, Dorset Naga and some jalapenos..and Gorong Yellow
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tripmeup; 12-11-2018, 06:16 PM.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      Usually green to yellow. Sometimes maybe white/ cream to yellow. Never orange to yellow. That I know of.
      Thanks wanted to make sure I wasn’t just taking them off the plant too early. Wonder where all the yellow ones have gone then!

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
        Thanks wanted to make sure I wasn’t just taking them off the plant too early. Wonder where all the yellow ones have gone then!
        Did you have separate seeds of yellow and orange or was it a mixed packet? If a mixed packet then it's quite possible that you just grew all orange ones.

Comment

• Was separate packets. Some planted last year some this year.

Comment

• So I'm starting to slowly get my head round what's getting grown next season.
            So far I've got 26 varieties. That number will definitely be increasing . Also working out who's getting sown when. Think I'm going to start the hot, super hot and my favourites ( I know you shouldn't have favourites among your children. Tuff I do ) in mid December. Most things getting sown January. February I'll only have jalapeños to sow. I'm considering not starting my cayenne till Feb as well. A Feb sowing should be alright for them shouldn't it?
            What are your plans for the coming chilli season? Trying any new varieties you're excited about? When you sowing what? Any new techniques you're trying?

Comment

• Have not really thought about it yet except that I wont sow anything until early in January...Grow list still to be decided but some old reliables and favourites will be there of course...

I would think early Feb is fine for Cayenne SP
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Im definitely growing Lemonella, Jamaican Jerk & Hungarian Hot Wax as all three were heavy coppers and had distinctive albeit differing flavours. In addition i will grow Jalepeno, De Cayenne, Spaghetti and one Dorset Naga.

Comment

• Meant to add i will however be splitting planting into two batches similar to Small Pumpkins plans - Super Hots in mid Jan and balance first week in March. Mainly due to holidays booked for February

Comment

• Just playing with my seed packets too!

Just hoping in all hopes I will be allowed to play seriously with it this coming season!

Fingers crossed!
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I’m really excited about chillies next year (didn’t have much variety this year as started late and didn’t want to overstretched myself in the first year!) I’m growing cheiro roxa, aji lemon, padrons, Biquinho red, Trinidad perfume (hopefully overwintered) Havana’s gold (also hopefully overwintered) plus seeds from the seed circle!

Comment

• I have a load of new varieties to play with next season; I splurged on seeds a few months back and unsurprisingly got a bit carried away! They’ll all get grown but I’ll have to identify what absolutely cannot wait vs what’ll keep for the following year.
                        Top of the list for next season are Cheiro Roxa, new Fatalii; Red, and White. Also Aji Stawberry Drop. Purple Flash. And Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Yellow. Others are still to be decided. But I’m also hopeful of a successful overwintering of this seasons’ plants, so I’ll draw up my definitive list nearer the time, when I’ll have a better idea of what space I’ll have available.

Historically I’ve always chosen early February for the main sowing. Two years ago I tried a staggered sowing with the first wave in mid January, and those did go on to out perform their later sown compatriots across the board. But I’m treating myself to a decent propogator for next year so that should improve my germination success rate tenfold, so I think I’ll stick with early Feb as hopefully they’ll come through a lot quicker now.

The other consideration is the environment beyond the propagator, no point starting too early if we’re still in the depths of winter i.e. cold and low light, that’ll stunt development, advantage gone. Or they get too big indoors when it’s still too cold to put them out, that’s also a problem, experienced last year.

Comment

• Having gone through my seed collection today, there are a few "Main Stays" I want to stick with, mainly because they are good in the kitchen, trapsed the web for a few exoctics and differents, the jury is still out! Isn't the dawn of new season exciting!
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I've got some overwintering under light: 3 7 pot primo, 3 reapers, fatali yellow, peach scorpion, doughlah, bhut jolokia, moruga brainstrain and a Trinidad perfume. I should bring in the habs, as they were lovely. Otherwise, I'll grow them from seed. Padron will definitely be done again, and I fancy trying some different jalapenos. Yellow and red biquinho look really interesting, so some of them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IainM View Post
                              I've got some overwintering under light: 3 7 pot primo, 3 reapers, fatali yellow, peach scorpion, doughlah, bhut jolokia, moruga brainstrain and a Trinidad perfume.
                              I'll be interested into seeing how they do under lights out of season...soft young growth at this time of year is a magnet for aphids which can be very troublesome for young plants next Spring.
                              I usually overwinter mine by giving as much light as possible - window ledge - and reducing water. Mine are still growing indoors and ripening fruit but I hope they slow down a little over Christmas - they are already dripping leaves. I'll pick off the remainder of the pods next week.Fingers crossed they make it through.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	E444C147-25B1-4393-AFB0-E967283629D1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	2381587
                              Last edited by Scarlet; 20-11-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• I've got a lot of new growth on one I'm trying to over winter, white in residence(when I'm not squishing them)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X