No announcement yet.

Oooooh, nice Christmas present!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Penellype your head must be full of plans, and you've probably planted your whole plot in your head.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Best Christmas present ever, well pleased for you

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Congrats Penellype your head must be full of plans, and you've probably planted your whole plot in your head.
        Something like that, yes. I don't know the dimensions of the plot yet, but the walk-in mesh tunnel looks about 15-20ft long
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Congratulations how exciting!! You deserve a great gift like this & it's not far from home you'll have so much more space & sunshine,I wonder if there's fruit there already? I can't wait & its not even mine or anything,hope it all goes well!

Comment

I can't see any fruit bushes from the road. The plot is fairly bare apart from a few weeds and a row of cabbages, but it is hard to see the far end behind the mesh tunnel, and things like rhubarb might not be easily visible at this time of year.

Its not going to be a particularly sunny plot, as there is a big leylandii hedge on the south side, behind which are houses, and another hedge to the west. But the road end at least will be sunnier than my garden and a lot of the things I will be growing don't need full sun.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Congratulations,what a grand suprise for you,just the right time of year to start making plan after plan,when you get on site,they will all change again,then before you know it,you will need another,have fun lass.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

When I told my friend this evening and said it would take the pressure off at home she replied that knowing me I would fill it up and still be short of space! However, there is a limit to how much veg one person can eat.

Comment

Fruit's good to fill up spaces and I'm sure your friend will help you eat some.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic news!
                    I'm really very chuffed for you

I can hear you grinning just by reading your posts

Now stopping you now gal....te he!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Congratulations...did you do the happy dance

Comment

What a lovely Christmas present!

I personally think that an allotment is easier to manage than the home garden - with more space and stuff planted in rows you can get a hoe in-so much quicker than hand weeding pots and under shrubs. I am sure you will manage absolutely fine!

Maybe one day I will persuade my OH to let me convert our back garden into one huge veg patch for easier maintenance

Comment

Perhaps you'll have to post less - what with being so busy!

Nice Swan...
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Congratulations, sounds like you've really dropped on with a maintained plot with some decent buildings. Bet you can't wait to find out what you've inherited on the plot. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Congratulations Penellype, fantastic surprise at this time of year!

Hope it doesn't interfere with the weather forecasting though

Comment

Prepare for a new side to your life.
                                Envious
                                Jimmy
                                Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X