Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you going to grow for first time in 2018?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you going to grow for first time in 2018?

I have to think of summat to out-do Jay-el!

Might try this:- https://www.plant-world-seeds.com/st...seed_item/5634
    Last edited by Snadger; 24-12-2017, 10:21 AM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Always grow something, I do have a new chillie "Hot Wax" to try, but there will be new tatties too as well as thinking about a couple of others, depends on what seeds are available.

Comment

Trust somebody to upset the apple cart of no more seeds,BUT,they do look and sound intering and tasty,like chestnuts eh,thanks for the heads up mmmmm,LD goes off thinking.

/www.cultivariable.com/instructions/others/how-to-grow-root-chervil/

just had a goggle,bit more info
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 24-12-2017, 10:46 AM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        I have to think of summat to out-do Jay-el!

Might try this:- https://www.plant-world-seeds.com/st...seed_item/5634
        They're in my C Oddments list! Mine came from Pennard and they have 25% off at the moment!

Early Bird Seed Offer
        Order your seeds from Monday 18th December and receive 25% off using the code happynewyear2018 at the checkout.
        This offer only applies to our seeds and you will need to order the seeds seperately from potatoes if you want to take advantage of both offers.

http://www.pennardplants.com/proddetail.php?prod=Sd1029
        No p&p BUT.............minimum order £8.50!!
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 24-12-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          They're in my C Oddments list! Mine came from Pennard and they have 25% off at the moment!

Early Bird Seed Offer
          Order your seeds from Monday 18th December and receive 25% off using the code happynewyear2018 at the checkout.
          This offer only applies to our seeds and you will need to order the seeds seperately from potatoes if you want to take advantage of both offers.

Chervil - Herb , Turnip rooted Chervil, Chervil (Seed)
          No p&p BUT.............minimum order £8.50!!
          Cheers VC. What do you think of my shopping cart to capatalise on the offer:-

Shopping cart Shopping cart
          6 Product(s) in cart
          1 Chervil - Herb , Turnip rooted Chervil
          1 Wonderberry , Solanum retroflexum x burbanki
          1 Lavender - Herb , English 'Vera Dwarf' Bush
          1 Garlic, Wild , Ramsoms - Wild Garlic (Herb)
          1 Cumin - Herb , Cuminum odorum (cyminum)
          1 Borage Blue - herb , Borago officinallis.
          Discounts £2.78
          Shipping Est Free
          Total £8.32
          » Checkout

Haven't pressed the Checkout button yet, but some interesting stuff there. Wild garlic grows in woodland so that a possibility for a shady part of my plot. The Borage is pretty accomodating and the bees love it. I use a lot of Cumin so why not try growing it. The lavender will be planted around the chooks to tone down the niff on a hot day.Wonderberry sounds interesting along with the turnip rooted chervil.
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'll be growing some different varieties of chilli ( as yet to discover what they are)
            But also, I keep thinking about growing melon....outdoors...but then I'll probably jinx the summer weather!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Snadge, I'm proud of you They have some interesting stuff and I've bought quite a bit from them over the years. Think Jay-ell grew Wonderberries - if you want to out do him
              I had some seeds in my basket - but not pressed that button yet. Like the look of Squash , Houka Sieguri - Blue Kuri kabocha, Squash - Winter (Seed)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Snadge, I'm proud of you They have some interesting stuff and I've bought quite a bit from them over the years. Think Jay-ell grew Wonderberries - if you want to out do him
                I had some seeds in my basket - but not pressed that button yet. Like the look of Squash , Houka Sieguri - Blue Kuri kabocha, Squash - Winter (Seed)
                Bit of a tight git and can get some of the herby stuff from Moreveg at 50p a knock.

That minimum order for seeds at Pennard is a bit rough!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My new things are mostly different varieties of what I already grow, although that might change when I get the allotment! So far I have:

Broad Bean The Sutton (already planted)
                  Broccoli Rioja
                  Calabrese Baby Matsuri
                  Carrot Samurai
                  Cauliflower Maybach
                  Climbing Bean Nectargold
                  Florence Fennel Romanesco
                  Pea Sugar Magnolia (purple podded sugar snap pea)
                  Raspberry Ruby Falls
                  Tomato Brandy Boy
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Don't know if it really belongs in this thread, but I'm growing roses for the first time this year.
                    He-Pep!

Comment

Going to try and grow some early potatoes in the greenhouse

Comment

Job's tears and caffrey's oats but I am growing them as ornamentals
                        Cotton as I am ever the optimist
                        Lettuce leaf basil, I don't know why but every other basil I try to grow fails one way or another.
                        I am hoping to get seeds of a rare Japanese squash as well.
                        Copious types of flowers

Comment

New things I'm planning for next year are leidse hang down broad beans, sanguina beetroot, dragon purple carrot, long Lisse carrots, some beans I cant remember the name of right now, Paris pickling cucumbers and a burgess buttercup squash. Plus whatever potato's I decide to do in my potato trial.

Comment

Like Nicos! gunna have a bash at growing Melons!

One particular variety I came across is suitable for growing outdoors in our British climate, but I won't, will grow under cover to give it a better chance, but can't find the "Sodding" seed packet to tell ya what it is, think it's in the back of the car!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                              Don't know if it really belongs in this thread, but I'm growing roses for the first time this year.
                              Bario, a bit like "Chilli" growing!

This will become an obsession! Believe me! ..................
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X