Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniature potatoes

This offer has just landed -

If you're looking for the perfect salad potato, why not try the world's first miniature early potato, Potato 'Vizelle'. As exhibited at the Gold Medal winning potato display at last year's RHS Chelsea Flower Show, this brand new, high-yielding potato is perfect for boiling and adding to salads.

I've been growing miniature early potatoes every year!! Anything much smaller would be the size of a pea.

Anyone tempted? 20% off if you're quick!

You're writing looks different,ah smaller like the spuds

Comment

Well spotted, JJ. I copied and pasted it and couldn't edit it back to match my own prose.

Comment

I thought you did it out of cleverness I can't imagine wanting smaller potatoes,mine are small enough

Comment

I've got five tiny potatoes not much bigger than a pea that I grew from TSP last year. Hopefully the ones I grow from these this year will be a bit bigger.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

They must be tiny if the planting distance is only 6 inch apart.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

They're not cheap either!

Comment

Found some more info -from the breeders Vizelle - Cygnet PEP

Vizelle produces exceptionally high tuber numbers with high yields of tubers in the 20 x 42 mm size band with little over-size.

20 x 42mm in real money is 0.78 x 1.6 inches. I'd be ashamed to call those potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  This offer has just landed -

If you're looking for the perfect salad potato, why not try the world's first miniature early potato, Potato 'Vizelle'. As exhibited at the Gold Medal winning potato display at last year's RHS Chelsea Flower Show, this brand new, high-yielding potato is perfect for boiling and adding to salads.

I've been growing miniature early potatoes every year!! Anything much smaller would be the size of a pea.

Anyone tempted? 20% off if you're quick!
                  Now VC your just teasing and Tempting me .......you know I'm a sucker for anything 'Potato' ...

Especially if theres a discount to be had.....I'm off to have a look.
                  Last edited by geepee; 08-01-2018, 04:17 PM. Reason: Afterthought
                  Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Vizelle produces exceptionally high tuber numbers with high yields of tubers in the 20 x 42 mm size band with little over-size.

20 x 42mm in real money is 0.78 x 1.6 inches. I'd be ashamed to call those potatoes
                    I can do that with Charlotte - plant them in the summer for "Christmas" new potatoes and harvest a few weeks later when they get blight.
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

No thanks VC. You can keep your tiny potatoes

Comment

OK, so lots of very small potatoes. Weightwise, what are we talking about? Probably less overall yield... If they're so proud of "little over size", then maybe they're aimed more at supermarkets rather than us.

I quite liked this: "no break-down after boiling". The same could not be said about me.

I've just noticed they're maincrop! All that growing effort and very little to show for it at the end.

Sorry for being so Bah, humbuggish.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 08-01-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

They make em look good and sound easy.....go on VC I dare you ...
                          Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Darn it, another missed marketing opportunity. Usual potato growing year...
                            Sow seed potatoes
                            Get excited when they start showing
                            Await blight
                            Panic
                            Cut down haulms
                            Dig up (as number 1 son would say) midgy potatoes, await cessation of laughter
                            Explain they're mini-baby-pearl potatoes that are very VERY expensive in the shops
                            Try to look smug
                            Avow never to grow potatoes again
                            Get seed potato catalogue and start getting excited.......

Comment

Originally posted by geepee View Post
                              They make em look good and sound easy.....go on VC I dare you ...
                              Normally, I'm up for a dare but this is just ridiculous, gp, so I dare you to do it instead.
                              I take every bit of advertising speak by this retailer with a giant pinch of salt - and I don't think these peapod spuds would need much salting!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X