X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Normally a stork in our neck of the woods Deano
    Pigeon! Duck! Chicken!

Knew it was a bird with a big beak! And I ain't "Storking" anybody! I neither have the time or energy!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Awesome, SP Be interesting to know how the resulting plants perform following this somewhat unconventional start i.e. can it be taken as a sign of good vigour or no bearing? I'm yet to come across this too. Interesting also when you consider the standard course for fruit that is steadily going over is deterioration and then rot. What determined yours should become incubators instead of tombs? Need a science grape to explain all..

Comment

Maybe SP's shop tomato has been treated in some way to hold back ripening - or its been grown outside the UK. It does look a bit pale for a sun-ripened one. Do you know where it was grown?

BTW I have clusters of tomato seedlings in the GH now - growing where toms had fallen last year. Do we cosset our toms too much? Perhaps they don't need heated propagators? My earliest toms last year came from one of these self seeded plants.

Comment

I've had this in squashes before- ones I've saved over winter and eaten in about march
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Maybe SP's shop tomato has been treated in some way to hold back ripening - or its been grown outside the UK. It does look a bit pale for a sun-ripened one. Do you know where it was grown?

BTW I have clusters of tomato seedlings in the GH now - growing where toms had fallen last year. Do we cosset our toms too much? Perhaps they don't need heated propagators? My earliest toms last year came from one of these self seeded plants.
            There's a fairly high chance the tomato wasn't uk grown. Get most of our "none home grown" from the fish & veg man that comes round on a Wednesday evening. We are very luck if the veg we get lasts 2 days before rotting! Specially his tomatoes and apples.

Comment

WOW so cool

Comment

He's doing very well. He'll need potting on soon

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	2376207

When I do pot him on, I'll bury his little kink that hasn't grown out.

Comment

Does he have a name yet?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Does he have a name yet?
                    Not yet. I think he should though any suggestions?

Comment

He looks like Cedric to me - he had a bit of a kink too - or so the rumour goes.

Comment

Athena.

(Born fully-formed out of Zeus's head...)

Comment

Is there any way of telling if a tomato is a cordon or bush type, when you don't know the variety?
                          I pinched out the side shoots on Bartholomew yesterday then realised he might not of liked that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X