Shallot Lorient "first true british shallot from seed"

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shallot Lorient "first true british shallot from seed"

So i dont normally grow shallots ( apart from banana) but got a pack of these in the 50p sale at the vale.

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/sh...ient/tt54729TM

So im guessing that these seeds will produce one shallot and maybe you would need to store them till next season to plant them in the traditional way so they split , would they store from july/august till next march ?

Reading the T&M description, I would say you use them as an annual, not store them for next year.

Comment

Hmm, not a lot of point then really ?

Comment

It certainly isn't a French-type shallot but "Allium cepa (Aggregatum)" should mean it is a multiplier onion.
        If some of the bulbs of these are stored and re-planted in Spring they grow/split and multiply in the same way as shallots and potato onions do.
        At 50p I'd certainly try keeping some to try like that next year

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Impo...6030131422de06

Just 81cents and they're yours!!

Comment

mmm so is it an aggregatum or not?

Comment

Plant variety database - European Commission (v.3.0)

Comment

Great sleuthing VC

Comment

I can't help being dubious about some seeds that are hyped up for sale.
                  Still have my reservations about this "British bred shallot" as "NL" seems to be the country of registration, although they may have been bred by Allium Seeds UK-Suppliers Onion Sets-farmers-commercial growers-amateur Brassica

Comment

Well if i have the room i shall give them a go , after all they were almost free lol.
                    Been to ali xpress before for seeds VC, will pass them by if i need more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X