Rubarb moving

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubarb moving

when's the best time to move rubarb.. thanks for all the answers in advance ! atb Dal

Pretty much when it's dormant. If I remember rightly the traditional time to lift and divide (or just move) is November. Mine has just started to break its first few leaves so if I were thinking of moving mine I'd probably leave it until next winter, unless it really had to be moved then I'd do it ASAP.

Comment

As stated you've missed the best time. However I moved my Timperly Early round about this time a couple of years ago and it took no notice and cropped as well as it ever had. Tough plants. If you've got a good un, go for it I reckon.
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

If you want to do it now, then go for it, but dig it up with as large a chunk of soil as possible and dig just as big a hole to put the whole lot in. The less disturbance to the fine roots the better.

Comment

thanks guys it's got to be moved so i'll dig a hole and move it. atb Dal.

Comment

Just moved my Timperly Early today, and yes, it had started shooting already! Gave it a dollop of manure and hope for the best

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X