2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post
    The best of luck to you jackarmy, you do know there will be some stiff opposition from some of the other competitors
    The competition may be stiff, but the squash themselves certainly don't look it

Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	2378273

Comment

• Should have added the one I have planted outside looks as if it has been caught with the cold, though nothing ventured, nothing gained
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        The competition may be stiff, but the squash themselves certainly don't look it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80325[/ATTACH]
        Is that rary's?

Originally posted by rary View Post
        Should have added the one I have planted outside looks as if it has been caught with the cold, though nothing ventured, nothing gained
        Must be!!

Comment

• Im with you all the way rary , my first time for squash of any sort so we will see , but yea, just for the fun.
          ive also got two big boy pumps on the go and several butternuts, cant remember the name atm but if i get one itll be good

Comment

• ^^ Same here.
            I may have made a major mistake already today. The temperature had reached 17C by midday and the wind didn't seem too strong (I was able to go outside with my hood down without my hair blowing down my throats and choking me ) so I decided to stick them outside in a sheltered spot to start stiffening them up a bit...
            At 3pm hubby pointed out they were thrashing about in a howling gale and by the time I'd managed to get them inside the thermometer was reading 10.
            Poor babies were shivering!
            The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• yes the cold seems to wilt them quite a bit, but I am sure that a bit of TLC will perk them up
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Oooh I'm so pleased mine are still mollycoddled in the greenhouse lol
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mine are still tucked up with toasty bums in the propogator, although they're getting a bit big, so will have to move soon....
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Should have added the one I have planted outside looks as if it has been caught with the cold, though nothing ventured, nothing gained
                    is it sneezing,tuck it up with a fleece blanket,i wish it well,am sure it will be fine .
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Tromboncino 1 is planted in a fish box in little tunnel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2378303

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                        Tromboncino 1 is planted in a fish box in little tunnel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80361[/ATTACH]
                        I think I would have waited

Just winding you up again SP the plant looks fine with good colour, mine looks a lot paler than yours, it definitely has been caught by the cold, so give yours plenty of protection, the one I have out is now under three layers of fleece, so all the best to you with your trombonist, once the frost has past I will put out my larger one, with a photo

Comment

I think I would have waited

Just winding you up again SP the plant looks fine with good colour, mine looks a lot paler than yours, it definitely has been caught by the cold, so give yours plenty of protection, the one I have out is now under three layers of fleece, so all the best to you with your trombonist, once the frost has past I will put out my larger one, with a photo
                          It'll be fine rary. It's in planted in the Polytunnel
                          The one that'll be going outside eventually. Has only had it's first day outside hardening off today. It's Back in the tunnel now.

Comment

• If I said mine are still in the packet, would anyone be surprised?

Comment

• Been three days and still no show, am i being impatient ? :0

Comment

• Yes.....................................next question?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X