No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might try some at home and some direct.... never sown curcurbits direct before...

The ones that haven't shown were in a heated prop.

Comment

• ^If they germinate, they should do well, as much as anything because they won't suffer any setback that might affect transplanted plants. What are the night-time temperatures like where you are? Maybe you could make a little mini cloche just to cover your tromba seeds at night. Even a plastic bottle with the bottom cut off would do.

Comment

• I sowed mine a while ago and only 1 in the pot germinated and it got moved out to the greenhouse. When I was watering this morning I noticed that the pot now has 2 in it

So don't give up on the no-shows just yet!

Comment

• It's still down to 5C sometimes, but most things seem to be thriving, mostly because they're kind of used to it (it's the norm, not the exception), and because I harden off religiously and ruthlessly. But yes, I will use a bottle cloche for any direct sown babies.

Comment

• We've had it down to 3 a couple of days this week but my fingers are getting very itchy.
            I planted out a few tomatoes and baby corn today. If they survive the next couple of nights I'll try a tromba
            The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• Here are my babies, potted on last weekend and growing at an alarming rate!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180526_130953.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	2378442
              Last edited by SarrissUK; 26-05-2018, 08:06 PM.
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Is that the correct photo, sarriss?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Is that the correct photo, sarriss?
                  Fixed it lol Not used this feature of uploading pics before and it's not exctly straight forward lol
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Pleased you changed your photo. I was starting to think I was growing the wrong thing
                    Last edited by Small pumpkin; 26-05-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• I was puzzled too 'cos I thought it was a Kiwi.

Comment

• Good morning, just try to catch up with this thread, when I started reading I thought this is a script for The Crazy Gang (VC will know who that is, she will have heard them, my mother told me about them) the one I had planted outside has survived, so now starting to harden off the rest of them
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Of course I've heard of The Crazy Gang - my grandmother told me about them My mother hadn't heard of them as she was too young.
                          Come on, rary, tell us, what's yours called?

Comment

• VC I said heard them, not of them
                            I have been busy making a frame for the troms. but need to know do they climb by them selves, like sweet peas, or do they need to be tied up
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Does it cost anything to name them?

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                ...do they climb by them selves, like sweet peas, or do they need to be tied up
                                I've been wondering about that too.
                                The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X