No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ones I grew two years ago had tendrils that it pulled itself up with. I didn't have to tie it to anything
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Trumpets, fanfares, etc. I have two poking their head above ground. Only one shall survive... Unless of course I try and transplant it, but I've never had much luck doing that with cucurbits. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
        do they climb by them selves, like sweet peas, or do they need to be tied up................I've been wondering about that too.
        Give them string or netting and they climb, but they're not like beans that can wind round single canes. If using a cane wigwam like me I tie strong twine round the outside in ever decreasing circles - that seems to work

Comment

• After reading through the whole thread, I purchased some seeds and have four teeny (compared to previous pictures) Trombas.
          Germinated in a heated prop in the unheated G/H.

Comment

• Hello and welcome. Mine still only have their seed leaves, so we're on a par. Sometimes, later sowings do well because the plants aren't so stressed by short daylight hours, chilly temperatures, etc. We'll catch up for sure.

Comment

• Wahey, another one! Welcome Craig

Once they get going, and the temperatures and light's up, they grow very quickly
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Well as VC hasn't come back to say there is a charge for naming them I have decided to name two, and as they are Italian type veg. I have given them a sort of Italian name, the first is Rabbel and the second I will call Miz, now I think those are good name's and I will need to post a couple of photos of them, will try and do it tomorrow
                Last edited by rary; 29-05-2018, 10:56 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^ And the surnames, Rary? Rouser and Tifying?

Comment

• I have taken a photo of them with their cousin Anskinnt, so if it comes up looking from right to left its Miz, Rabbel and Anskkint
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180530_075530_hdr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2378491
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Perfect names!

Looking very good already.

Edited to add: So taken with Rary's plants I forgot to say: to save water, I'm going to be sticking with just Tommy. Dorsey will have to wait for another year.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 30-05-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Solo has a friend! Took two pots which hadn't germinated out of the heated prop, left them on the windowsill and hey presto, one appeared. I shall call him Kessel. Because Chewbacca was too obvious.

I may try sowing one or two direct, too. We'll see.

Comment

• Today I sowed two more tromba seeds at two stations each (e.g. 4 seeds in total) under bottle cloches. We shall see...

Comment

• Tommy had words with me this morning. He wants to be known as Sid. There are reasons but if I explain them you'll all think there's good reason why I'm a member of the Nutters Club. So, Sid it is.

Comment

• Hissing Sid? Sid Vicious?

Comment

• ^ OK. He didn't like the idea of being the only surviving twin and wanted a new name all of his own. And there's a cream here for treating bruises called Thrombocid. We call it Thrombo Sid and that seemed appropriate.

However, I'll tell him your suggestions why Sid is a good idea. They both sound entirely appropriate. I'm sure he'll agree.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X